In this guide, we will show you the steps to unlock the bootloader on your Infinix Note 11. The devices from this OEM have stuck with their USP of providing feature-rich devices at a price that is affordable to the masses. And as was expected it seems to have definitely paid dividends. If we keep our attention on its eleventh iteration, then did manage to grab the attention of the masses upon its release and it is still the talk of the town to this date. Likewise, they are performing quite decently in the custom development as well.
Be it for flashing custom ROMs, installing a custom recovery like TWRP, or gaining administrative access by rooting the device via Magisk, there’s quite a lot to try out. Along the same lines, you could flash a custom kernel or give a shot at the plentitude of mods and tweaks. But before you could step into this domain, there is an important prerequisite that you need to checkmark off the list- the bootloader on your Infinix Note 11 needs to be unlocked. And in this guide, we will show you how to do just that. Follow along.
Benefits and Risks of an Unlocked Bootloader
Unlocking the bootloader is the gateway to extracting the maximum benefits of Android’s open-source ecosystem. For example, you will be able to install a custom ROM or flash a custom recovery like TWRP. Likewise, you will also be able to get access to the system partition as well as administrative privileges by rooting your device via Magisk. This will then allow you to flash Magisk Modules, Xposed Framework, Substratum Themes, and Viper4Android among others.
However, carrying out these tweaks brings in a few uninvited risks as well. To begin with, it will wipe off all the data and could nullify the device’s warranty as well. Along the same lines, it will degrade the Widevine L1 certification to L3, thereby preventing you from streaming content in HD [FIXED]. The SafetyNet will be triggered as well [FIXED], thereby preventing you from using banking apps [FIXED]. So if that’s well and good then let’s get started with the steps to unlock the bootloader on Infinix Note 11.
How to Unlock Bootloader on Infinix Note 11
The below process will wipe off all the data from your device. So please take a complete device backup beforehand. Droidwin and its members wouldn’t be held responsible in case of a thermonuclear war, your alarm doesn’t wake you up, or if anything happens to your device and data by performing the below steps.
STEP 1: Install Android SDK
First and foremost, you will have to install the Android SDK Platform Tools on your PC. This is the official ADB and Fastboot binary provided by Google and is the only recommended one. So download it and then extract it to any convenient location on your PC. Doing so will give you the platform-tools folder, which will be used throughout this guide.
STEP 2: Enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlocking
Next up, you will have to enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlocking on your device. The former will make your device recognizable by the PC in ADB mode. This will then allow you to boot your device to Fastboot Mode. On the other hand, OEM Unlocking is required to carry out the bootloader unlocking process.
So head over to Settings > About Phone > Tap on Build Number 7 times > Go back to Settings > System > Advanced > Developer Options > Enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlocking.
STEP 3: Boot Infinix Note 11 to Fastboot Mode
- Connect your device to the PC via USB cable. Make sure USB Debugging is enabled.
- Then head over to the platform-tools folder, type in CMD in the address bar, and hit Enter. This will launch the Command Prompt.
- Type in the following command in the CMD window to boot your device to Fastboot Mode
adb reboot bootloader
- Now type in the below command to verify the Fastboot Connection
- If you get a device ID followed by the fastboot keyword, then the connection stands successful and you may now proceed ahead to unlock the bootloader on your Infinix Note 11.
STEP 4: Unlock the Bootloader on Infinix Note 11
- Type in the below command in the CMD window that is opened inside the platform-tools
fastboot flashing unlock
- At this point in time, you will get a confirmation message on your device. Use the Volume keys to select the Unlock the Bootloader option and hit the Power key to confirm it.
- The device will undergo a reset and then the bootloader will be unlocked. Do keep in mind that the first boot might take up to a minute, this is completely normal.
- Furthermore, you will have to log in to Google ID and set up your device from scratch, since a wipe has taken place. That’s it.
These were the steps to unlock the bootloader on the Infinix Note 11. If you have any queries concerning the aforementioned steps, do let us know in the comments. We will get back to you with a solution at the earliest.
- How to Hide Root from Apps via Magisk DenyList [Android 12]
- How to Pass SafetyNet on Rooted Android 12/Android 13
- Google Pay rooted or running uncertified software on Android 12L [Fixed]
- How to Pass SafetyNet test after installing Xposed or EdXposed