This guide outlines the steps through which you could watch Netflix in HD on rooted devices. Once you have unlocked the device’s bootloader, then you lose the Widevine L1 certification. As a result, you won’t be able to watch Netflix content in HD. Well, this is something that happens with most of the OEMs. But with some Motorola devices (Action, Vision, etc) even after unlocking/rooting, many apps show it to be Widevine L1 supported, but the real picture comes out once we launch the Netflix app.
Well, some say that the Widevine L1 certification is absent even in a locked bootloader as well. Although I can’t comment on this fact, one thing is sure that this is one of the most disliked aspects of this entire scenario. But I found a way out of all this. Using the given instructions in this guide, you could easily watch Netflix in HD in any device. Well, it shouldn’t be limited to just Motorola and should work on other OEMs as well. The below guide, however, has been performed on Motorola devices.
- Don’t Miss: Huge Collection of Motorola Firmwares
How to Watch Netflix in HD on Rooted Devices ( Get WideWine L1 Support )
Before moving ahead, there are a few prerequisites to be met. Two of the most obvious ones include an unlocked bootloader and a rooted device. Once your device satisfies both these requirements, the next thing that needs to be done is you have to download the Lucky Patcher app. It is an extremely dangerous app. So proceed with caution. Droidwin or any of its members won’t be held responsible in case anything happens to your device. Now that the compulsory warning message has been dealt with, here are the steps to watch Netflix in HD on Rooted Devices ( Get WideWine L1 Support ).
Steps to follow
- First of all, download and install the Lucky Patcher app on your device.
- Launch the app and grant it the Magisk root permission.
- Now scroll to the Netflix app and tap on it.
- Select Menu of patches from the drop-down. Then click on Custom Patch.
- There’s only one custom patch available. Tap on Apply and wait for the process to finish.
- Once that is done, you need to clear data as well. For that, go to Settings > Apps and Notifications > App Info > Netflix > Storage and Cache > Tap on Clear storage.
- Finally, launch the Netflix app, log in with your credentials, and binge-watch the contents in HD.
So with that, we conclude the guide on how to watch Netflix in HD on rooted devices. You could try out on any rooted device and will should success as well. If you do so, do drop in your device name in the comments section below.
4 thoughts on “How to Watch Netflix in HD on Rooted Devices ( Get Widevine L1 Support )”
Thanks for the guide, but it is not working.
I have a rooted OnePlus 7 Pro with (OOS 10.3.8) with Magisk v23. I even downloaded the required version of Netflix (v7.44.0 build 34701) from downzen, as mentioned in the patch readme. But even after doing the above-written steps, the app is stuck on L3 certification.
Pingback: How to Unlock Bootloader of Any Android Device - DubaExpress
Pingback: How to Unlock Bootloader on Cubot Devices - Download Custom Roms, Modded APPs, Android Games, Root, Tech news, PC Software's and many more.
Can I delete the patcher app after the process is completed?