In this guide, we will show you the steps to install the TWRP Recovery onto your Redmi Note 10 Pro device. The Note series from the Chinese OEM has managed to carve out a rich segment of loyal fanbases. It stands by its USP of providing feature-rich devices without burning a hole in your pockets. And its tenth iteration has captured the attention of the masses, thanks to its impressive specs sheets at an extremely affordable price range.
Along the same lines, these devices are becoming quite active in custom development. Once you bypass that unnecessary long wait for the bootloader unlocking process, you will be in a position to welcome a plethora of mods onto your devices. Be it for flashing custom ROMs, installing Magisk ZIP to obtain root, or even flashing a custom kernel, the possibilities stand endless. However, to carry out any of these tweaks, you will need to have a working custom recovery.
This will then also allow you to create and restore all the partitions on your device and carry out other advanced tweaks such as fixing the recovery bootloop. All in all, a custom recovery like TWRP is an absolute necessity. Keeping a note of the same, this guide will show you the steps to install the TWRP Recovery onto your Redmi Note 10 Pro device. Follow along.
How to Install TWRP Recovery on Redmi Note 10 Pro
The below instructions are listed under separate sections for ease of understanding. Make sure to follow in the exact same sequence as mentioned. Droidwin and its members wouldn’t be held responsible in case of a thermonuclear war, your alarm doesn’t wake you up, or if anything happens to your device and data by performing the below steps.
STEP 1: Install Android SDK
First and foremost, you will have to install the Android SDK Platform Tools on your PC. This is the official ADB and Fastboot binary provided by Google and is the only recommended one. So download it and then extract it to any convenient location on your PC. Doing so will give you the platform-tools folder, which will be used throughout this guide to install the TWRP Recovery on Redmi Note 10 Pro.
STEP 2: Enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlocking
Next up, you will also have to enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlocking on your device. The former will make your device recognizable by the PC in ADB mode. This will then allow you to boot your device to Fastboot Mode. On the other hand, OEM Unlocking is required to carry out the bootloader unlocking process.
So head over to Settings > About Phone > Tap on Build Number 7 times > Go back to Settings > System > Advanced > Developer Options > Enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlocking.
STEP 3: Unlock Bootloader on Redmi Note 10 Pro
Next up, you will also have to unlock the device’s bootloader. Do keep in mind that doing so will wipe off all the data from your device and could nullify its warranty as well. So if that’s all well and good, then please refer to our detailed guide on How to Unlock Bootloader on any Xiaomi Device.
STEP 4: Download TWRP Recovery for Redmi Note 10 Pro
You may now grab hold of the TWRP Recovery corresponding to your device from the below link [Credits: XDA Recognized Developer Nebrassy]:
- [Unofficial] TWRP for Redmi Note 10 Pro Global/Indian/Indian Pro Max (sweet/sweetin): Download Link
Once you have downloaded the recovery, rename it to twrp so that the complete name becomes twrp.img. Likewise, transfer this twrp.img file to the platform-tools folder on your PC. Once that is done, move over to the next step of this guide to install TWRP on Redmi Note 10 Pro
STEP 5: Boot to Fastboot Mode
- Now connect your device to the PC via USB cable. Make sure USB Debugging is enabled.
- Then head over to the platform-tools folder, type in CMD in the address bar, and hit Enter. This will launch the Command Prompt.
- Type in the following command in the CMD window to boot your device to Fastboot Mode
adb reboot bootloader
- To verify the Fastboot connection, type in the below command and you should get back the device ID.
STEP 6: Flash TWRP Recovery on Redmi Note 10 Pro
- Make sure that the recovery has been named to twrp.img and is placed inside the platform-tools folder.
- Now head over to this platform-tools folder, type in CMD in the address bar, and hit Enter. This will launch the Command Prompt.
- Then type in the following command in the CMD window to install the TWRP Recovery onto your Redmi Note 10 Pro:
fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
- TWRP has now been successfully flashed, let’s now boot your device this recovery [compulsory, not optional]. Enter the below command for that:
fastboot boot twrp.img
- Your device will now boot to TWRP and you may now carry out the desired task. Once done, you may reboot the device to OS via Reboot > System.
That’s it. These were the steps to install the TWRP Recovery onto the Redmi Note 10 Pro. If you have any queries concerning the aforementioned steps, do let us know in the comments. We will get back to you with a solution at the earliest.
- How to Flash Xiaomi Fastboot ROM without Mi Flash Tool
- Unbrick Redmi Note 10 Pro/Pro Max via Fastboot Commands
- How to Install TWRP Recovery via Xiaomi ADB Fastboot Tools
- What is Xiaomi EU ROM | How to Flash Xiaomi EU ROM
- How to Force 90Hz Refresh Rate on Xiaomi/Poco/Redmi Devices