Is Apple secretly turning on Significant Location and iPhone Analytics on your device running iOS 17? First off, what exactly are these two features? Well, when you enable Significant Location, then your iPhone and iCloud-connected devices will keep track of places you have recently been, as well as how often and when you visited them, in order to learn places that are significant to you.
On the other hand, iPhone Analytics includes details about hardware and operating system specifications, performance statistics, and data about how you use your devices and applications. To take a more privacy-centric approach, users opted to disable both these features on iOS 16. But as soon as they updated their iPhone to iOS 17, they were astonished to find out that both the Significant Location and iPhone Analytics were re-enabled on their device.
Is Apple secretly turning on Significant Location & Analytics on iOS 17?
So installing the latest OS build might have actually downgraded the security and privacy of the users. This is really quite an astonishing move from the Cupertino giant. If it did so intentionally, then it might have a long-lasting negative impact and could create a notion that it doesn’t respects user’s privacy. With that said, Apple has confirmed to 9to5Mac that it is currently investigating this “issue”.
While it’s doing so, you should consider disabling both these features, which could be done as follows:
- Head over to Settings > Privacy & Security > Location Services.
- Then go to System Services and turn off Significant Location.
- Likewise, turn off iPhone Analytics and that’s just about it.
So this was all from this guide on Apple secretly turning on Significant Location and iPhone Analytics on your device running iOS 17. As and when there is any further development surrounding this issue, we will update this post accordingly. In the meantime, do share your valuable opinions with us regarding this privacy fiasco from the tech giants in the comments section below.
- Stutter and Lag on iOS 17: Here’s one way to fix them!
- iOS 17 Sleep Focus not turning off automatically: How to Fix
- iMessage Search cannot find old messages on iOS 17!
- iMessage Check-In Feature not working in iOS 17 [Fixed]
- Contact Posters not working on iOS 17: How to Fix
- Reminders shopping list not working on iOS 17 [Fixed]