In this guide, we will show you the steps to install the latest Pixel Experience ROM based on Android 13 onto your Samsung Galaxy Tab A8. When it comes to the tablet domain, then the offering from Samsung has firmly established itself as the absolute best in this domain. However, when it comes to the software side, there have been a few eyebrows raised that its underlying One UI is slightly inclining towards being a bloated OS.
If you also eco a similar thought process, then you now have the option to welcome abode a clean stock AOSP experience with just the right amount of Pixel goodies. In other words, you could now install the Pixel Experience ROM onto your Samsung Galaxy Tab A8 and welcome a fast, snappy, and stable OS onto your tablet. So without any further ado, let’s show you how this could be carried out.
Table of Contents
How to Install Pixel Experience [GSI] on Galaxy Tab A8
The below instructions are listed under separate sections for ease of understanding. Make sure to follow the same sequence as mentioned. Droidwin and its members wouldn’t be held responsible in case of a thermonuclear war, your alarm doesn’t wake you up, or if anything happens to your device and data by performing the below steps.
STEP 1: Install Android SDK
First and foremost, you will have to install the Android SDK Platform Tools on your PC. This is the official ADB and Fastboot binary provided by Google and is the only recommended one. So download it and then extract it to any convenient location on your PC. Doing so will give you the platform-tools folder, which will be used throughout this guide.
STEP 2: Enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlocking
You will also have to enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlocking on your device. The former will make your device recognizable by the PC in ADB mode. This will then allow you to boot your device to Fastboot Mode. On the other hand, OEM Unlocking is required to carry out the bootloader unlocking.
So head over to Settings > About Phone > Tap on Build Number 7 times > Go back to Settings > System > Advanced > Developer Options > Enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlocking.
STEP 3: Unlock Bootloader
You will also have to unlock the device’s bootloader to install the GSI ROM onto your tablet. Do note that doing so will wipe off all the data from your device and could nullify its warranty as well. So if that’s all and good, then please refer to our guide on How to Unlock Bootloader on Samsung Devices
STEP 4: Download Pixel Experience ROM
You can now get hold of the ROM for your device from below:
Pixel Experience GSI ROM for Galaxy Tab A8: DOWNLOAD LINK
NOTE: It is also recommended to get hold of the stock AP file which will subsequently be flashed after the GSI ROM. So download the stock firmware [the same version that is currently installed on your tablet] from Frija Tool or Samfw website. Then extract it and keep it handy as it will be used later on.
STEP 5: Install TWRP Recovery
Your device also needs to have a working TWRP Recovery installed using the Odin Tool. If you haven’t done so yet, then refer to our guide on How to Install TWRP Recovery on Galaxy Tab A8
STEP 6: Boot to TWRP
- Connect your device to the PC via USB cable. Make sure USB Debugging is enabled.
- Then head over to the platform-tools folder, type in CMD in the address bar, and hit Enter. This will launch the Command Prompt.
- Type in the following command in the CMD window to boot your device to TWRP
adb reboot recovery
STEP 7: Format Data and Wipe Partitions
- From TWRP, go to Wipe > Format Data and type in YES in the space provided.
- Then hit the checkmark situated at the bottom right and wait for the wipe to complete.
- Once done, go to Advanced Wipe and select “all” the partitions.
- Then perform a right swipe to wipe these partitions.
STEP 8: Flash Pixel Experience on Galaxy Tab A8
- From TWRP, go to Reboot and select Fastboot. Your device will boot to FastbootD.
- Then open Command Prompt inside the platform tools folder.
- Now type in the below command to flash the GSI ROM:
fastboot flash system system.img
- Then do a factory reset via the below command:
STEP 9: Flash Stock AP [Recommended]
Before booting to the OS, it is recommended that you flash the stock AP file, as instructed below.
- To begin with, boot your tablet to Download Mode
- Then launch Odin and load the AP.tar file [from Step 4] to its AP slot.
- Now, click Start and wait for the flashing to complete.
- Once done, you can now boot your device to the newly flashed OS.
That’s it. These were the steps to install the latest Pixel Experience ROM based on Android 13 onto your Samsung Galaxy Tab A8. If you have any queries concerning the aforementioned steps, do let us know in the comments. We will get back to you with a solution at the earliest.