In this guide, we will show you the steps to flash all the latest released Android 13 Custom ROMs on your Pixel 6/Pro. When it comes to custom development, then Pixel has always established itself at the top of the pecking. However, there were a few initial concerns about whether the Tensor chipsets could prove to be a roadblock for tech enthusiasts. Fortunately, that isn’t the case and both these devices have been blessed with a plethora of custom ROMs.
[LOOKING FOR PIXEL 6A ROMS? CHECK OUT THIS GUIDE INSTEAD]
While some like crDroid behold a slew of intriguing goodies, others like LineageOS offer a clean stock usage experience with just the right amount of functionalities. Moroever, while some ROMs come built-in with GApps, others offer a vanilla build, thereby giving you the option to add the desired Google apps and services, if required. So on that note, let’s make you aware of the steps to flash all the latest released Android 13 Custom ROMs on your Pixel 6/Pro.
Table of Contents
How to Flash Android 13 Custom ROMs on Pixel 6/Pro
The below process will wipe off all the data from your device, so please take a complete device backup beforehand. Droidwin and its members wouldn’t be held responsible in case of a thermonuclear war, your alarm doesn’t wake you up, or if anything happens to your device and data by performing the below steps.
STEP 1: Install Android SDK
First and foremost, you will have to install the Android SDK Platform Tools on your PC. This is the official ADB and Fastboot binary provided by Google and is the only recommended one. So download it and then extract it to any convenient location on your PC. Doing so will give you the platform-tools folder, which will be used throughout this guide.
STEP 2: Enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlocking
Next up, you will also have to enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlocking on your device. The former will make your device recognizable by the PC in ADB mode. This will then allow you to boot your device to Fastboot Mode. On the other hand, OEM Unlocking is required to carry out the bootloader unlocking.
So head over to Settings > About Phone > Tap on Build Number 7 times > Go back to Settings > System > Advanced > Developer Options > Enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlocking.
STEP 3: Unlock Bootloader on Pixel 6/Pro
Next up, you will also have to unlock the device’s bootloader. Do keep in mind that doing so will wipe off all the data from your device and could nullify its warranty as well. So if that’s all well and good, then please refer to our detailed guide on How to Unlock the Bootloader on Google Pixel 6 Pro. Once done, don’t restore the backup now as well will again have to format the device in the subsequent steps.
STEP 4: Download Android 13 Custom ROMs for Pixel 6/Pro
- Grab hold of the desired Android 13 custom ROM for your Pixel 6/Pro from below:
- Once downloaded, transfer the ROM to the platform-tools folder on your PC.
- Likewise, rename it to rom.zip [it will be easier to type in the CMD window].
STEP 5: Boot Pixel 6A to Fastboot Mode
- Now connect your device to the PC via a USB cable. Make sure USB Debugging is enabled.
- Then head over to the platform-tools folder, type in CMD in the address bar, and hit Enter. This will launch the Command Prompt.
- Type in the following command in the CMD window to boot your device to Fastboot Mode
adb reboot bootloader
- To verify the Fastboot connection, type in the below command and you should get back the device ID.
- If you are not getting any serial ID, then please install the Fastboot Drivers.
Install LineageOS 20 Android 13 ROM on Pixel 6A/6/6 Pro [Video]
How to Install crDroid ROM on Pixel 6A/6/Pro [Video]
Install Evolution X Android 13 ROM on Pixel 6A/6/6 Pro [Video]
Install RisingOS ROM on Pixel 7 Pro/7/6 Pro/6/6A [Video]
How to Install DerpFest ROM on Pixel 6 Pro
How to Install Phoenix ROM on Pixel 6A/6/Pro
How to Install Project Zephyrus on Pixel 6/Pro
- From Fastboot Mode, type in the below command to boot your device to stock recovery
fastboot reboot recovery
- Then highlight the Wipe Data/Factory Reset option and press the Power key to confirm it.
- Once done, highlight the Reboot to Bootloader option and press the Power key to confirm it.
- Now type in the below command to flash the ROM in the Fastboot Mode:
fastboot update rom.zip
- Finally, execute the below command to boot your device to the newly flashed OS:
These were the steps to install various Android 13 custom ROM on your Pixel 6/Pro. If you have any queries concerning the aforementioned steps, do let us know in the comments. We will get back to you with a solution at the earliest.