In this guide, we will show you the steps to install the crDroid ROM on your Pixel 6A/6/Pro devices. The sixth iteration of the Pixel devices was the first in the lineup to come with its own in-house Tenor chipset. So there were a few initial concerns as to whether or not they will be able to perform at the same level as its predecessor which houses the Snapdragon chipset.
Well, we could now easily put all these doubts to rest as all three devices in the sixth series have performed exceptionally well. The devices have already been blessed with a plethora of mods, tweaks, and tons of custom ROMs. Talking about the latter one, one of the most popular players in this domain has just made its presence felt in this domain. So without any further ado, let’s make you aware of the steps to install the crDroid ROM on your Pixel 6A/6/Pro.
Table of Contents
How to Install crDroid ROM on Pixel 6A/6/Pro
The below process will wipe off all the data from your device, so please take a backup of all the data beforehand. Droidwin and its members wouldn’t be held responsible in case of a thermonuclear war, your alarm doesn’t wake you up, or if anything happens to your device and data by performing the below steps.
STEP 1: Install Android SDK
First and foremost, you will have to install the Android SDK Platform Tools on your PC. This is the official ADB and Fastboot binary provided by Google and is the only recommended one. So download it and then extract it to any convenient location on your PC. Doing so will give you the platform-tools folder, which will be used throughout this guide.
STEP 2: Enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlocking
Next up, you will also have to enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlocking on your device. The former will make your device recognizable by the PC in ADB mode. This will then allow you to boot your device to Fastboot Mode. On the other hand, OEM Unlocking is required to carry out the bootloader unlocking.
So head over to Settings > About Phone > Tap on Build Number 7 times > Go back to Settings > System > Advanced > Developer Options > Enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlocking.
STEP 3: Unlock Bootloader on Pixel 6A/6/Pro
Next up, you will also have to unlock the device’s bootloader. Do keep in mind that doing so will wipe off all the data from your device and could nullify its warranty as well. So if that’s all well and good, then please refer to our detailed guide on How to Unlock the Bootloader on Google Pixel 6A/6/Pro. Once done, don’t restore the backup now as well will again have to format the device in the subsequent steps.
STEP 4: Download crDroid for Pixel 6A/6/Pro
- Grab hold of the crDroid ROM for your Pixel 6A from below:
- Make sure that your device has been updated to the latest firmware:
Download crDroid ROM: Pixel 6A | Pixel 6 | Pixel 6 Pro The link contains both the Vanilla and GApps builds
- Once downloaded, transfer the ROM to the platform-tools folder.
- Likewise, rename the downloaded Custom ROM to rom.zip.
STEP 5: Boot Pixel 6A/6/Pro to Fastboot Mode
- Now connect your device to the PC via a USB cable. Make sure USB Debugging is enabled.
- Then head over to the platform-tools folder, type in CMD in the address bar, and hit Enter. This will launch the Command Prompt.
- Type in the following command in the CMD window to boot your device to Fastboot Mode
adb reboot bootloader
- To verify the Fastboot connection, type in the below command and you should get back the device ID.
STEP 6: Install crDroid ROM on Pixel 6A/6/Pro
- First off, type in the below command to perform a reset and flash the ROM:
fastboot -w update rom.zip
- Once done, use the below command to boot your device to the newly installed OS.
These were the steps to install the crDroid ROM on your Pixel 6A/6/Pro devices. If you have any queries concerning the aforementioned steps, do let us know in the comments. We will get back to you with a solution at the earliest.