In this guide, we will show you the steps to install the latest Derpfest ROM on your Pixel 6 Pro. When it comes to custom development, then the devices from the Silicon Valley giant have always been the go-to choice for tech enthusiasts. And even though the Pixel family has well and truly adopted the seventh iteration, there’s no forgetting its predecessors as the OG Tensor devices are still being blessed with custom ROMs.
The latest one to make its way is the DerpFest ROM. For the unaware, this is an AOSP ROM that beholds a slew of customizations and other intriguing goodies but at the same time, it had made sure not to give you a bloated OS. So a clean, feature-rich, and snappy custom ROM is waiting to make a permanent abode on your device. So what are we waiting for? let’s get started with the steps to install the latest Derpfest ROM on your Pixel 6 Pro.
Table of Contents
How to Install DerpFest ROM on Pixel 6 Pro
The below process will wipe off all the data from your device, so take a complete device backup beforehand. Moreover, make sure you are on the latest Android 13 firmware before flashing the ROM. Droidwin and its members wouldn’t be held responsible in case of a thermonuclear war, your alarm doesn’t wake you up, or if anything happens to your device and data by performing the below steps.
STEP 1: Install Android SDK
First and foremost, you will have to install the Android SDK Platform Tools on your PC. This is the official ADB and Fastboot binary provided by Google and is the only recommended one. So download it and then extract it to any convenient location on your PC. Doing so will give you the platform-tools folder, which will be used throughout this guide.
STEP 2: Enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlocking
Next up, you will also have to enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlocking on your device. The former will make your device recognizable by the PC in ADB mode. This will then allow you to boot your device to Fastboot Mode. On the other hand, OEM Unlocking is required to carry out the bootloader unlocking.
So head over to Settings > About Phone > Tap on Build Number 7 times > Go back to Settings > System > Advanced > Developer Options > Enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlocking.
STEP 3: Unlock Bootloader on Pixel 6 Pro
Next up, you will also have to unlock the device’s bootloader. Do keep in mind that doing so will wipe off all the data from your device and could nullify its warranty as well. So if that’s all well and good, then please refer to our detailed guide on How to Unlock the Bootloader on Google Pixel 6 Pro. Once done, don’t restore the backup now as well will again have to format the device in the subsequent steps.
STEP 4: Download DerpFest ROM for Pixel 6 Pro
- Grab hold of the DerpFest ROM for your Pixel 6 Pro from below:
- Once downloaded, extract it inside the platform-tools folder.
STEP 5: Extract Boot and Vendor_Boot
- Upon extracting the ROM, you’ll get a couple of files, including the payload.bin file.
- Extract the boot, dtbo, and vendor_boot from this payload.bin via Fastboot Enhance Tool.
- Once done, place these three files and the ROM.zip inside platform-tools.
STEP 6: Boot Pixel 6 Pro to Fastboot Mode
- Now connect your device to the PC via a USB cable. Make sure USB Debugging is enabled.
- Then head over to the platform-tools folder, type in CMD in the address bar, and hit Enter. This will launch the Command Prompt.
- Type in the following command in the CMD window to boot your device to Fastboot Mode
adb reboot bootloader
- To verify the Fastboot connection, type in the below command and you should get back the device ID.
- If you are not getting any serial ID, then please install the Fastboot Drivers.
STEP 7: Install DerpFest ROM on Pixel 6 Pro
- First off, flash the boot.img via the below command
fastboot flash boot boot.img
- Next up, flash dtbo.img via the below command:
fastboot flash dtbo dtbo.img
- Then flash the vendor_boot.img using the command:
fastboot flash vendor_boot vendor_boot.img
- Now reboot to this flashed recovery [vendor_boot] via:
fastboot reboot recovery
- Then do a Factory Reset/Format data.
- Once done, go to Install update > ADB Sideload.
- Then type in the below command in the CMD window:
adb sideload rom.zip
- If you get an error, then go to Advanced > Reboot to Recovery. Now once again try the ADB Sideload.
- The flashing will now begin. Once done, select Reboot System Now. Your device will reboot to the newly installed OS.
That’s it. These were the steps to flash the DerpFest Tango ROM on Pixel 6A. If you have any queries concerning the aforementioned steps, do let us know in the comments. We will get back to you with a solution at the earliest.