In this guide, we will show you the steps to install the latest Project Elixir ROM on Pixel 6A. Out of all the three devices in the sixth iteration of Pixel, it’s the A variant that managed to carve out a rich name for itself. for the general users, it manages to checkmark most of the prerequisites at an affordable price bracket and for the tech enthusiasts, well, its performance has been quite impressive.
The device has already been blessed with a plethora of custom ROMs, and we see the addition of new ones every other week. As of now, there has been yet another addition to this ever-growing family. The Pixel 6A has just been blessed with the Project Elixir ROM which tends to offer an equilibrium between the overall device stability and the incorporation of features. So without any further ado, let’s make you aware of the steps to welcome abode this ROM onto your device.
How to Install Project Elixir ROM on Pixel 6A
The below process will wipe off all the data from your device, so please take a backup of all the data beforehand. Droidwin and its members wouldn’t be held responsible in case of a thermonuclear war, your alarm doesn’t wake you up, or if anything happens to your device and data by performing the below steps.
STEP 1: Install Android SDK
First and foremost, you will have to install the Android SDK Platform Tools on your PC. This is the official ADB and Fastboot binary provided by Google and is the only recommended one. So download it and then extract it to any convenient location on your PC. Doing so will give you the platform-tools folder, which will be used throughout this guide.
STEP 2: Enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlocking
Next up, you will also have to enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlocking on your device. The former will make your device recognizable by the PC in ADB mode. This will then allow you to boot your device to Fastboot Mode. On the other hand, OEM Unlocking is required to carry out the bootloader unlocking.
So head over to Settings > About Phone > Tap on Build Number 7 times > Go back to Settings > System > Advanced > Developer Options > Enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlocking.
STEP 3: Unlock Bootloader on Pixel 6A
Next up, you will also have to unlock the device’s bootloader. Do keep in mind that doing so will wipe off all the data from your device and could nullify its warranty as well. So if that’s all well and good, then please refer to our detailed guide on How to Unlock the Bootloader on Google Pixel 6A. Once done, don’t restore the backup now as well will again have to format the device in the subsequent steps.
STEP 4: Download Project Elixir for Pixel 6A
- Grab hold of the Project Elixir ROM for your Pixel 6A from below:
Project Elixir ROM: DOWNLOAD LINK Vendor_boot.img: DOWNLOAD LINK
- Then transfer the ROM and vendor_boot to the platform-tools folder.
- Likewise, rename the downloaded Custom ROM to rom.zip.
STEP 5: Boot Pixel 6A to Fastboot Mode
- Now connect your device to the PC via a USB cable. Make sure USB Debugging is enabled.
- Then head over to the platform-tools folder, type in CMD in the address bar, and hit Enter. This will launch the Command Prompt.
- Type in the following command in the CMD window to boot your device to Fastboot Mode
adb reboot bootloader
- To verify the Fastboot connection, type in the below command and you should get back the device ID.
STEP 6: Install Project Elixir ROM on Pixel 6A
- First off, type in the below command to flash the vendor_boot.img:
fastboot flash vendor_boot vendor_boot.img
- Then type in the below command to boot your device to this recovery:
fastboot reboot recovery
- From recovery, go to Apply Update > ADB Sideload.
- Then open the CMD window inside platform tools and type in the below command:
adb sideload rom.zip
- The flashing will now start. Once done, select Format Data [ignore any errors].
- Finally, select Reboot System. Your device will boot to the newly installed OS.
That’s it. These were the steps to install the Project Elixir ROM on your Pixel 6A. If you have any queries concerning the aforementioned steps, do let us know in the comments. We will get back to you with a solution at the earliest.
- OEM Unlock greyed out in Pixel 6A | Cannot Unlock Bootloader [Fix]
- How to Pass SafetyNet in Rooted Google Pixel 6A
- Install Android 13 in Both Slots on Pixel 6A/6/Pro to Prevent Brick
- Downgrade Pixel 6A/6/Pro from Android 13 to Android 12: Bypass Anti Rollback