In this guide, we will show you the steps to install the Phoenix ROM on Pixel 6A/6/Pro. The sixth iteration of Pixel devices was the first in the lineup to behold the in-house Tensor chipset as opposed to Qualcomm’s Snapdragon. So there were a few initial concerns in the mind of tech enthusiasts as to whether or not these devices could still continue to be an active player in custom development, similar to its predecessor.
Fortunately, all these doubts have now been put to rest as the Pixel 6 series is performing exceptionally well in the development community. These devices have already been blessed with a plethora of custom ROMs, with each new addition every other week. As of now, the Phoenix ROM has just made its presence felt for the Pixel 6A/6/Pro. So without any further ado, let’s make you acquainted with the steps to install this ROM onto your device right away.
Table of Contents
How to Install Phoenix ROM on Pixel 6A/6/Pro
The below process will wipe off all the data from your device, so please take a backup of all the data beforehand. Droidwin and its members wouldn’t be held responsible in case of a thermonuclear war, your alarm doesn’t wake you up, or if anything happens to your device and data by performing the below steps.
STEP 1: Install Android SDK
First and foremost, you will have to install the Android SDK Platform Tools on your PC. This is the official ADB and Fastboot binary provided by Google and is the only recommended one. So download it and then extract it to any convenient location on your PC. Doing so will give you the platform-tools folder, which will be used throughout this guide.
STEP 2: Enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlocking
Next up, you will also have to enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlocking on your device. The former will make your device recognizable by the PC in ADB mode. This will then allow you to boot your device to Fastboot Mode. On the other hand, OEM Unlocking is required to carry out the bootloader unlocking.
So head over to Settings > About Phone > Tap on Build Number 7 times > Go back to Settings > System > Advanced > Developer Options > Enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlocking.
STEP 3: Unlock Bootloader on Pixel 6A/6/Pro
Next up, you will also have to unlock the device’s bootloader. Do keep in mind that doing so will wipe off all the data from your device and could nullify its warranty as well. So if that’s all well and good, then please refer to our detailed guide on How to Unlock the Bootloader on Google Pixel 6A/6/Pro. Once done, don’t restore the backup now as well will again have to format the device in the subsequent steps.
STEP 4: Download Phoenix ROM for Pixel 6A/6/Pro
- Grab hold of the Phoenix ROM on Pixel 6A/6/Pro from below:
Phoenix ROM: DOWNLOAD LINK
- Then extract the ROM inside the platform-tools folder.
STEP 5: Boot Pixel 6A/6/Pro to Fastboot Mode
- Now connect your device to the PC via a USB cable. Make sure USB Debugging is enabled.
- Then head over to the platform-tools folder, type in CMD in the address bar, and hit Enter. This will launch the Command Prompt.
- Type in the following command in the CMD window to boot your device to Fastboot Mode
adb reboot bootloader
- To verify the Fastboot connection, type in the below command and you should get back the device ID.
- If you are not getting any serial ID, then please install the Fastboot Drivers on your PC.
STEP 6: Install Phoenix ROM on Pixel 6A/6/Pro
- Just double-click on the flash-all.bat file and the flashing will now start.
- Once done, your device should automatically boot to the newly installed OS.
That’s it. These were the steps to install the Phoenix ROM on your Pixel 6A/6/Pro. If you have any queries concerning the aforementioned steps, do let us know in the comments. We will get back to you with a solution at the earliest.