In this guide, we will show you the steps to install the latest RisingOS ROM onto Pixel 7 Pro/7/6 Pro/6/6A. When it comes to custom development, then there’s hardly an iota of doubt that the offering from the Silicon Valley giant is among the most popular players in the town. Whether it’s the normal variant, the Pro version even the A series, all of them get blessed with a plethora of ROMs.
In this regard, you might already be aware of some of the noteworthy players including the likes of Pixel Experience, Evolution X, and crDroid. But over the past few weeks, there has been an uprising of a newcomer that has grabbed the attention of tech enthusiasts. So without any further ado, let’s make you acquainted with the RisingOS ROM based on the latest Android 13 onto the Pixel 7 Pro/7/6 Pro/6/6A.
Table of Contents
How to Install RisingOS ROM on Pixel 7 Pro/7/6 Pro/6/6A
The below process will wipe off all the data from your device, so please take a complete device backup beforehand Droidwin and its members wouldn’t be held responsible in case of a thermonuclear war, your alarm doesn’t wake you up, or if anything happens to your device and data by performing the below steps.
STEP 1: Install Android SDK
First and foremost, you will have to install the Android SDK Platform Tools on your PC. This is the official ADB and Fastboot binary provided by Google and is the only recommended one. So download it and then extract it to any convenient location on your PC. Doing so will give you the platform-tools folder, which will be used throughout this guide.
STEP 2: Enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlocking
Next up, you will also have to enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlocking on your device. The former will make your device recognizable by the PC in ADB mode. This will then allow you to boot your device to Fastboot Mode. On the other hand, OEM Unlocking is required to carry out the bootloader unlocking.
So head over to Settings > About Phone > Tap on Build Number 7 times > Go back to Settings > System > Advanced > Developer Options > Enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlocking.
STEP 3: Unlock Bootloader on Pixel 7/6
Next up, you will also have to unlock the device’s bootloader. Do keep in mind that doing so will wipe off all the data from your device and could nullify its warranty as well. So if that’s all well and good, then please refer to our detailed guide on How to Unlock the Bootloader on Google Pixel 7/6. Once done, don’t restore the backup now as well will again have to format the device later on.
STEP 4: Download Android 13 Custom ROMs for Pixel 6A
- Grab hold of RisingOS corresponding to your device from below:
- Once downloaded, transfer the ROM to the platform tools folder on your PC.
- Likewise, rename the downloaded Custom ROM to rom.zip
STEP 5: Boot Pixel 7/6 to Fastboot Mode
- Now connect your device to the PC via a USB cable. Make sure USB Debugging is enabled.
- Then head over to the platform-tools folder, type in CMD in the address bar, and hit Enter. This will launch the Command Prompt.
- Type in the following command in the CMD window to boot your device to Fastboot Mode
adb reboot bootloader
- To verify the Fastboot connection, type in the below command and you should get back the device ID.
- If you are not getting any serial ID, then please install Fastboot Drivers from here.
Install RisingOS Android 13 on Pixel 7/6
- Now just execute the below command to flash the ROM onto your device
fastboot -w update rom.zip
- Your device will undergo a format and then the ROM will be flashed
- Once done, use the below command to boot to the OS [if it doesn’t happen automatically]
These were the steps to install the RisingOS Custom ROM on Pixel 7 Pro/7/6 Pro/6/6A. If you have any queries concerning the aforementioned steps, do let us know in the comments. We will get back to you with a solution at the earliest.