In this guide, we will show you various methods to fix the “This device has been activated for less than 7 days” error in the Mi Unlock Tool. When it comes to unlocking the bootloader, then most OEMs have adopted a fairly simple approach. All you need to do is just execute the fastboot flashing unlock command. However, Xiaomi always likes to complicate matters to the maximum possible extent. And same is the case with this process as well.
From adding the account to your device to OTP verification [which arrives after ages] and then the infuriating 168-hour wait time, you will encounter one roadblock after another. Even if you bypass them, the journey isn’t over yet as there are a slew of errors waiting for you! The latest one to make its way over to the Mi Unlock Tool is the “This device has been activated for less than 7 days. Please activate it for 7 days before trying to unlock it again” error.
So from the message, it’s quite obvious that you have to use your device for at least a week before you can initiate this process. However, the thing is users are already using this device and have activated it for more than 7 days but are still getting this prompt. If you are also facing the same issue, then this guide will make you aware of numerous methods to rectify this issue. Follow along.
Fix Mi Unlock Tool This device has been activated for less than 7 days
It is recommended that you try out each of the below-mentioned workarounds and then see which one spells out success. Unlocking the bootloader will wipe off all the data from your device and might nullify its warranty, so take a backup beforehand. Droidwin and its members wouldn’t be held responsible in case of a thermonuclear war, your alarm doesn’t wake you up, or if anything happens to your device and data by performing the below steps.
FIX 1: Try the Re-Activation Tweak
- First off, make sure that your device has a SIM card inserted for at least 7 days. Now turn on the mobile data and turn off the WiFi.
- Then go to Settings > Xiaomi Account > Xiaomi Cloud > Turn on Call History and Messages. Your device should now get activated.
- If that doesn’t happen, then restart your device and try again [it could take up to 4-5 attempts for the process to be successful].
- Once it is activated, head over to Settings > Xiaomi Account > Current Device and the SIM card should now display your number.
- When that happens, you can then unlock the bootloader via the official Mi Unlock Tool and there will be no issues this time around.
FIX 2: Unlock Bootloader without MI Unlock Tool/PC
Yes, that is very much a possibility! You could easily unlock your device’s bootloader without using the Mi Unlock Tool or even without a PC. To carry out this tweak, do check out our guide on How to Unlock Xiaomi Bootloader without PC or Mi Unlock Tool! [Video]
That’s it. These were the two different methods that should help you fix the “This device has been activated for less than 7 days” error in the Mi Unlock Tool. If you have any queries concerning the aforementioned steps, do let us know in the comments. We will get back to you with a solution at the earliest.
- Has Xiaomi Stopped Bootloader Unlocking Process?
- How to Unlock Xiaomi Bootloader without PC or Mi Unlock Tool!
- Cannot Receive OTP/Verification Code from Mi Unlock Tool [Fix]
- How to Bypass Xiaomi Account Verification via Mi Unlock Tool