In this guide, we will show you the steps to fix the issue of Safari sending notifications from sites set to Deny in macOS Ventura. Apple has recently rolled out the latest iteration of the OS with a slew of noteworthy features. Some of the intriguing ones include the introduction of Stage Manager and Continuity Camera; changes to Spotlight search and System Settings; and the ability to unsend messages and emails.
On the flip side though, a few bugs have also managed to creep in, one among which is affecting the default browser in the Apple ecosystem. As of now, numerous users have voiced their concern that Safari keeps on sending notifications from sites that they have explicitly set to Deny. This issue started happening right after users had updated their Mac to the latest macOS Ventura. If you are also currently getting bugged with this issue, then this guide will help you out. Follow along for the fix.
Fix Safari sending Notifications from sites set to Deny in macOS Ventura
To rectify this bug, you will have to refresh the browser’s underlying notifications settings. For that, you will first have to remove the websites that have been added to the Notifications Deny list, then let it re-invoke the prompt and now select Deny. This time Safari will remember your preference and wouldn’t show you prompt from that site ever again. So refer to the below steps to implement this fix right away.
- Launch Safari, click on Safari on the top menu bar, and select Settings.
- Then go to the Websites tab and select Notifications from the left-hand side.
- After that, select the website that is sending you notifications and hit Remove.
- Now open that website in Safari and you should get a prompt, tap on Deny.
- Repeat these steps for all the sites that are currently bugged with this issue.
That’s it. This should fix the issue of Safari sending notifications from sites set to Deny in macOS Ventura. If you have any queries concerning the aforementioned steps, do let us know in the comments. We will get back to you with a solution at the earliest.
- 2K and 4K Resolution missing for External Display in Ventura [Fix]
- Remove Deleted Apps from Background Login Items in Ventura
- Bring Back the missing Network Location in macOS Ventura
- SSH not working in macOS Ventura: How to Fix