In this guide, we will show you the steps to root your Infinix Hot 9 via Magisk Patched Boot.img. When it comes to the budget domain, then there are already a plethora of offerings from numerous OEMs that you could currently get a hold of. So it was always a tough job for the likes of Infinix to make its presence felt. However, even then, it has done a tremendous job in catching the attention of the masses. If we keep our attention on its ninth series then there’s a truckload of goodies to look forward to.
Not only for the general users, these devices have something in store for the tech enthusiasts as well. Be it for flashing custom ROMs, installing a custom recovery, or gaining administrative access by rooting your device via Magisk, it beholds a slew of intriguing tweaks. Among them, it is the ability to root the Infinix Hot 9 via Magisk Patched Boot.img that has always been the preferred tweak for a lot of users. If you are also in the same boat then this guide shall help you out. Follow along.
Benefits and Risks of Rooting
Once you root your device by flashing the Magisk patched boot.img via Fastboot Commands, you will be in a position to try out a plethora of customizations on your device. These include the likes of flashing custom ROMs, installing a custom recovery like TWRP, or flashing a custom kernel. Along the same lines, you could also flash Magisk Modules, Xposed Framework, Substratum Themes, Viper4Android, and the likes. However, this is just one side of the story.
Carrying out this process also has its downsides. First off, the process requires an unlocked bootloader. Doing so will wipe off all the data and could nullify the device’s warranty as well. Likewise, WideVine L1 will be degraded to L3, resulting in the inability to stream Netflix in HD [FIXED]. Then the SafetyNet will be triggered, which might cause issues with banking apps [FIXED]. So if all that’s well and good, then let’s get started with the steps to root the Infinix Hot 9 via Magisk.
How to Root Infinix Hot 9 via Magisk
The below instructions are listed under separate sections for ease of understanding. Make sure to follow the same sequence as mentioned. Droidwin and its members wouldn’t be held responsible in case of a thermonuclear war, your alarm doesn’t wake you up, or if anything happens to your device and data by performing the below steps.
STEP 1: Install Android SDK
First and foremost, you will have to install the Android SDK Platform Tools on your PC. This is the official ADB and Fastboot binary provided by Google and is the only recommended one. So download it and then extract it to any convenient location on your PC. Doing so will give you the platform-tools folder, which will be used throughout this guide.
STEP 2: Enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlocking
Next up, you will have to enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlocking on your device. The former will make your device recognizable by the PC in ADB mode. This will then allow you to boot your device to Fastboot Mode. On the other hand, OEM Unlocking is required to carry out the bootloader unlocking process.
So head over to Settings > About Phone > Tap on Build Number 7 times > Go back to Settings > System > Advanced > Developer Options > Enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlocking.
STEP 3: Unlock Bootloader on Infinix Hot 9
After this, you will have to unlock the bootloader on your Infinix Hot 9. Do keep in mind that this process will wipe off all the data and might nullify the device’s warranty as well. So if that’s all well and good, then refer to our comprehensive guide on How to Unlock Bootloader on Infinix Hot 9/Play/Pro.
STEP 4: Get Infinix Hot 9 Boot.img
- To begin with, download the stock firmware for your device from a trusted site.
- Make sure to download the same version that is currently installed on your device.
- Once downloaded, extract it to any convenient location on your PC.
- Then copy the boot.img file from the extracted firmware and send it to your device.
STEP 5: Patch Infinix Hot 9 Stock Boot.img via Magisk
- First off, install the Magisk App onto your Infinix Note 8.
- Then tap on the Install button situated next to Magisk.
- From the Method section, choose Select and Patch a file.
- Browse to the extracted boot.img file and select it.
- Then tap on the Let’s Go option situated at the top right.
- Magisk will now load the boot.img file and will patch it accordingly.
- Once that is done, you would get the Download Complete message.
- The patched boot image file will be saved in Internal Storage > Downloads.
- Make sure to rename it to magisk_patched.img, if that is already not the case.
STEP 6: Boot Infinix Hot 9 to Fastboot Mode
- Connect your device to the PC via USB cable. Make sure USB Debugging is enabled.
- Then head over to the platform-tools folder, type in CMD in the address bar, and hit Enter. This will launch the Command Prompt.
- Type in the following command in the CMD window to boot your device to Fastboot Mode
adb reboot bootloader
- Now type in the below command to verify the Fastboot Connection
- If you get a device ID followed by the fastboot keyword, then the connection stands successful and you may now proceed ahead to root your Infinix Hot 9.
STEP 7: Flash Magisk Patched Boot.img and Root Infinix Hot 9
- To begin with, make sure that you have transferred the magisk_patched.img file to the platform-tools folder.
- Now type in the below command in the CMD window (that is opened inside the platform-tools folder) to flash the Magisk Patched file:
fastboot flash boot magisk_patched.img
- Once that is done, reboot your device to the OS via the following command:
That’s it. These were the steps to root Infinix Hot 9 via Magisk without using TWRP Recovery. If you have any queries concerning the aforementioned steps, do let us know in the comments. We will get back to you with a solution at the earliest.