In this guide, we will show you the steps to extract the Nokia NB0 firmware file. OEMs pack in their firmware files under different formats. For example, Pixel has it in the normal ZIP, Xiaomi in TGZ/GZ, Realme, and Oppo in OZIP, OnePlus in payload.bin, and so on. However, when it comes to Nokia, they don’t seem to stick with any particular format as such. You could find it in the ZIP package, in payload.bin, and even in the NB0 format. And it is the third one that is becoming a cause of concern for the end-users.
This is because this format seems to receive little to no attention when it comes to its unpacking. But why would you want to unpack it in the first place? Well, doing so will give you the partition files in the IMG/BIN, and ELF formats. You could then use these files to flash them to their respective partitions via device-specific tools or using Fastboot Commands in case these partition gets corrupted. Along the same lines, you could use the boot.img file extracted from this NB0 firmware.
Then patch this file via Magisk and subsequently flash it via Fastboot Commands. This will then give you administrative-level privileges and access to the system partition. Thisin turn would allow you to flash the desired mods and tweaks. Apart from that, unpacking this firmware package will give you a plethora of other benefits. So without further ado, let’s check out the steps to extract the Nokia NB0 firmware file. Follow along.
How to Extract Nokia NB0 Firmware File
- Download the NB0 Firmware Extractor [LINK] and extract it to any convenient location on your PC.
- Then double click on the ‘nb0 tools FIH mobile.exe’ file to launch it and click on Select NB0 File.
- Navigate to the downloaded NB0 firmware file, select it and click Open.
- Now click on the Unpack button.
- Then select the location where you wish to save the extracted NB0 file contents and click OK.
- The unpacking process will now begin and could take a couple of minutes.
- Once the process is complete, you shall be notified of the same via the Done message.
- You may now go to the extracted direcotry and get hold of the desired files.
That’s it. These were the steps to extract the Nokia NB0 firmware file. If you have any queries concerning the aforementioned steps, do let us know in the comments. We will get back to you with a solution at the earliest.
- Install Stock Firmware via Nokia OST Tool | Unbrick Nokia
- How to Unlock the Bootloader on Nokia 7.2
- Root Nokia 7.2 via Magisk Patched Boot.img
- How to Unbrick Nokia 7.1/7.2/7 Plus via Fastboot Commands