In this guide, we will show you two different methods to enable 5G on the Pixel 6A/6/Pro. The latest addition to the Pixel 6 series from the Silicon Valley giant belongs to the popular A series and has managed to grab the attention of the masses in a short span of time, Housing the same chipset that powers its big brothers [6 and 6 Pro], it beholds a plethora of nifty features up its sleeves.
Not to mention the fact that these devices will be among the first in line to get blessed with the latest OS upgrades. Apart from that, all three Pixel 6A/6/Pro support 5G out of the box, however, some users have voiced their concern that they are unable to enable it. If you are also in the same boat, then this guide will make you aware of two different methods to rectify this “issue”. Follow along.
How to Enable 5G in Google Pixel 6A/6/Pro [2 Methods]
Before starting with the process, make sure Google has enabled 5G in your region. For example, in India, Google is yet to enable 5G for Pixel 6A. So even if your carrier supports 5G, you might not be able to enable it until the Silicon Valley giant enables it from their end [which will happen via an OTA update].
Moreover, Pixel 6 and 6 Pro aren’t officially sold in India, so chances are you might not be able to able to 5G on both these devices [even if the carriers enable it from their end]. With that said, if your device qualifies all these requirements, then you could refer to any of the two below-listed methods to enable it on your device right away.
Enable 5G on Pixel 6A/6/Pro Via Settings Menu
- Head over to the Settings menu on your device.
- Then go to SIMs > Preferred Network Type.
- Now select either 5G or 5G/4G/3G from the list. That’s it
- 5G is now enabled and activated on your Pixel 6A/6/Pro.
Enable 5G on Pixel 6A/6/Pro Using Dialer Code
- Bring up the dialer on your phone and input the below code:
- Then go to Phone Information and scroll to “Set preferred network type”.
- Now tap on it and select “NR only” or “NR/ LTE” [recommended].
What is the Difference between NR Only and NR/LTE
If you have opted for the dialer code method to enable 5G, then you might have noticed “NR only” and “NR/ LTE”, out of which, we recommended the latter one. Why is that so? If you select NR only, then your device will be forced to use only the 5G network. So in places where there are weaker 5G signals, you might not be able to make calls or send messages.
Therefore, it is recommended to opt for NR/LTE. This way if your device isn’t in a region that has stronger 5G [NR] coverage, then it will be able to automatically switch over to 4G [LTE]. For the same reason, if you get an option to choose between 5G or 5G/4G/3G, make sure to opt for the latter one [5G/4G/3G].
That’s it. These were the two different methods to enable 5G on your Pixel 6A/6/Pro. If you have any queries concerning the aforementioned steps, do let us know in the comments. We will get back to you with a solution at the earliest.
- OEM Unlock greyed out in Pixel 6A | Cannot Unlock Bootloader [Fix]
- How to Pass SafetyNet in Rooted Google Pixel 6A
- Downgrade Pixel 6A/6/Pro from Android 13 to Android 12: Bypass Anti Rollback
- Install Android 13 in Both Slots on Pixel 6A/6/Pro to Prevent Brick