In this guide, we will show you the steps to install LineageOS 19 based on Android 12 on Samsung Galaxy Note 10/10+/10+ 5G devices. When it comes to flagship devices that are quite an active player in custom development, then there are high chances that you might come across devices from the Note series. In this regard, its tenth iteration has rightly carried forward this lineage as well. Be it for flashing custom ROMs or getting your hands on a custom recovery like TWRP, the possibilities stand endless
But if we keep our focus on the custom ROM segment, then there’s no denying the fact that LineageOS is one of the most popular names. It manages to maintain an equilibrium between the device’s stability and the offers that it has to offer. And as a result of this, it is the go-to custom ROM for various tech enthusiasts. If you also eh this thought, then this guide shall come in handy. Given here are detailed instructions to install LineageOS 19 based on Android 12 on Samsung Galaxy Note 10/10+/10+ 5G devices.
Install LineageOS 19 [Android 12] on Samsung Galaxy Galaxy Note 10/10+/10+ 5G
The below process requires a factory reset. This will wipe off all the data from your device. So make sure to take a complete device backup beforehand. Droidwin and its members wouldn’t be held responsible in case of a thermonuclear war, your alarm doesn’t wake you up, or if anything happens to your device and data by performing the below steps.
STEP 1: Install Android SDK
First and foremost, you will have to install the Android SDK Platform Tools on your PC. This is the official ADB and Fastboot binary provided by Google and is the only recommended one. So download it and then extract it to any convenient location on your PC. Doing so will give you the platform-tools folder, which will be used throughout this guide.
STEP 2: Enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlocking
Next up, you will also have to enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlocking on your device. The former will make your device recognizable by the PC in ADB mode. This will then allow you to boot your device to Fastboot Mode. On the other hand, OEM Unlocking is required to carry out the bootloader unlocking process.
So head over to Settings > About Phone > Tap on Build Number 7 times > Go back to Settings > System > Advanced > Developer Options > Enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlocking.
STEP 3: Unlock Bootloader
Next up, you will also have to unlock the device’s bootloader. Do keep in mind that doing so will wipe off all the data from your device and could nullify its warranty as well. So if that’s all well and good, then please refer to our detailed guide on How to Unlock the Bootloader on any Samsung Device [New VaultKeeper Method].
STEP 4: Install TWRP Recovery on Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Series
You will also have to install the TWRP Recovery onto your device in order to flash the LineageOS 19 [Android 12] ROM. So please refer to our guide on How to Install TWRP Recovery on Galaxy Note 10/10+/5G Exynos
STEP 5: Download LineageOS 19 for Galaxy Note 10 Series
- You may now get hold of the LineageOS ROM for your device from the following link [Credits: XDA Recognized Developer ivan_meler]: Download Link
- If you want to install Google Apps and Services, then download the GApps package from here: GApps for Android 12.
- mali drivers
- USB tethering
- Video Playback
- Fingerprint Sensor
- Ril (Mobile data, calls, SMS and stuff)
- Wifi HotSpot
- 2D and 3D gpu acceleration
- HW encoding/decoding
- Cameras (All of them)
- HWcomposer (HWC)
- Signal indicator
- Double-tap to wake
According to the Developer: ” VoLTE and VoWiFi will not be implemented (for now) as they heavily depend on Samsung’s framework”
STEP 6: Boot to TWRP
- Connect your device to the PC via USB cable. Make sure USB Debugging is enabled.
- Then head over to the platform-tools folder, type in CMD in the address bar, and hit Enter. This will launch the Command Prompt.
- Type in the following command in the CMD window to boot your device to TWRP Recovery
adb reboot recovery
STEP 7: Format Data via TWRP
- To begin with, head over to the Wipe section on TWRP.
- Then tap on the Format Data button situated at the bottom right.
- Finally, type in YES in the space provided and press the checkmark button to confirm it.
STEP 8: Transfer Files to Device via TWRP
Now that the format is completed, you could transfer the ROM and GApps file to your device via TWRP. For that, you may take the help of ADB Sideload, Mount, or USB OTG. feature [How To Transfer or Install Files via TWRP Recovery- 3 Methods].
STEP 9: Flash LineageOS 19 [Android 12] on Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Series
- Head over to the Wipe section of TWRP and tap on Advanced Wipe.
- Then select the Cache, Dalvik Cache, and System partitions and perform a right-swipe to wipe these partitions.
- Once done, go to Install, select the LineageOS ROM file and perform a right swipe to flash it.
- Now if you want Google Apps, then go to Install, select the Gapps ZIP file and perform a right swipe to flash it as well.
- Once done, you may now boot the device to the OS. For that, go to Reboot and System.
That’s it. These were the steps to install LineageOS 19 based on Android 12 on Samsung Galaxy Note 10/10+/10+ 5G devices. If you have any queries concerning the aforementioned steps, do let us know in the comments. We will get back to you with a solution at the earliest.