In this guide, we will show you some nifty workarounds to fix various root-related issues in Oppo Find X6 Pro. When it comes to custom development, then Oppo is probably the least active OEM out there. It has blocked its bootloader unlocking policy, thereby taking all the power away from the tech enthusiasts. So inspite of offering such impressive hardware and power-packed specs sheets, users are not left with many options to tinker about. Until now.
The developers have finally managed to find a loophole that allows you to unlock the bootloader and even root the Oppo Find X6 Pro. However, since this is an unofficial tweak, there are bound to be some repercussions of the same. And that is indeed the case. In this regard, some of the major issues that we came across include the likes of 60fps lock in non-whitelisted apps and “smallest width” settings in developer options do not survive reboots.
Apart from that, the game-touch sampling is not enabled by default, engineermode e.g. *#*#5646#*#* (LTE settings) is rejected via Denylist, and the Oppo package manager not working along the expected lines. So in this guide, we will be addressing all these root-related issues on your Oppo Find X6 Pro and fix them once and for all. Follow along.
Table of Contents
How to Fix Various Root Issues in Oppo Find X6 Pro
Before starting, please take a backup of all the data on your device. Droidwin and its members wouldn’t be held responsible in case of a thermonuclear war, your alarm doesn’t wake you up, or if anything happens to your device and data by performing the below steps. [Credits for all the fixes and files go to XDA Member Xynon].
Fix 60 FPS Lock Issue in Oppo Find X6 Pro
- Go to Settings > Display & Brightness > Set Screen Refresh Rate to High.
- Then download the coloros_hz module and flash it via Magisk.
- Now download the dfps module and flash it via Magisk as well.
- Then modify /storage/emulated/0/Android/yc/dfps/dfps.txt to:
/ touchSlackMs 2000 /enableMinBrightness 1 /useSfBackdoor 0 com.miHoYo.Yuanshen 60 60 com.hypergryph.arknights 60 60 --1 -1 * 60 1
- This should fix the root-related FPS issue in Oppo Find X6 Pro.
This works by forcing the peak_refresh_rate setting to 1, which breaks the variable refresh rate and locks it to 120hz. DFPS then takes over automatically and switches between settings of 60 and 1 (120hz).
Fix Smallest Width Issue in Oppo Find X6 Pro
- Download coloros_wm_dpi and flash it via Magisk.
- This will loosen the smallest width from 360 to 380.
- It does so in 1080P mode, making this a bit smaller.
- This will fix the root-related smallest width issue in Oppo Find X6 Pro.
Fix Game-Touch Sampling Issue in Oppo Find X6 Pro
- To begin with, download the coloros_sampling_hz module and flash it via Magisk.
- This will jack up the touch sampling mode via the touch panel switch permanently.
- However, it may also lead to heavy battery use, so decide on the trade-off accordingly.
Fix Engineering Mode Issue in Oppo Find X6 Pro
- Download the engineerunlocker module and flash it via Magisk.
- This will overwrite the denylist for dialer codes, unlocking them.
- This should fix the root-related Engineering Mode issue in Oppo Find X6 Pro.
However, do note that these codes only work in certain dialer apps, namely non-FOSS ones, so simple dialer apps will not allow the use of these codes. You’ll have to install Google Phone from a third-party site like APK Mirror to get the job done.
Fix Package Manager Not Working in Oppo Find X6 Pro
- To begin with, download the los_pk module and flash it via Magisk.
- This module will install the LOS package manager on top of OPPO’s.
- Now install the OppoPackageInstaller.apk present inside the module.
That’s it. These were the various methods to fix numerous root-related issues on your Oppo Find X6 Pro. If you have any queries concerning the aforementioned steps, do let us know in the comments. We will get back to you with a solution at the earliest.