In this guide, we will show you a couple of methods to fix the issue of Google Pay not working on the OnePlus 10 Pro after installing the latest OOS 13 C.20 update. The latest flagship from OnePlus has recently been blessed with the thirteenth iteration of the OS. And with that, there are a slew of noteworthy additions that you are about to welcome, including the new Aquamorphic Design. However, on the flip upside, it isn’t free from its fair share of issues either.
As of now, numerous users have voiced their concern that Google Pay is not working on their OnePlus 10 Pro after installing the OOS 13 C.20 update. Most of the reports are coming in from users who are having the European build [NE2213], though a few Indian [NE2211] & Global [NE2215] users have reported it as well. With that said, there does exist a few nifty workarounds that might help you rectify this issue. So without further ado, let’s check them out.
Fix Google Pay not working in OnePlus 10 Pro [OOS 13 C.20]
It is recommended that you try out each of the below-mentioned workarounds and then see which one spells out success for you. So with that in mind, let’s get started.
FIX 1: Delete Google Pay Data
In some cases, the app’s data might get corrupted or have a few initial hiccups when it has just been restored on an updated OS version. Therefore, you should delete the data and let the app repopulate a fresh instance of the same from scratch. Here’s how it could be done:
- To begin with, head over to Settings > Apps > App Management.
- Then select Google pay and go to its Storage Usage section.
- After that, tap on Clear Data > OK in the confirmation prompt.
- Now launch Googe Pay and check if it is working on your OnePlus 10 Pro.
FIX 2: Remove Additional Profile
If you have multiple profiles on your device, then it might conflict with banking and payment apps. Therefore, it is recommended to delete all the other secondary profiles [simply disabling them won’t do] and then try using Google Pay via your primary profile. Here’s how it could be done:
- To begin with, head over to Settings > Users & Accounts > Multiple Users
- Then tap on the settings icon next to your secondary profile.
- After that, tap on Delete User > Delete User in the confirmation prompt.
- Now switch to your primary account and check if Google Pay is working on your OnePlus 10 Pro.
FIX 3: Reset Device
On paper, it is always recommended to reset the device after installing a major OS upgrade. But most of us don’t usually do so owing to the complications involved. However, if none of the aforementioned methods spelled out success, then your last course of action is to format the data on your device, set it up from scratch, and then check out the results. Here’s how it could be done [take a complete device backup beforehand]:
- To begin with, head over to Settings > System Settings.
- Then go to Back up and Reset and tap on Reset Phone.
- Finally, tap on Erase All Data > Erase Data and wait for the reset to complete.
- Once done, set up your device and the underlying issue should be rectified.
That’s it. These were the three different methods that shall help you fix the issue of Google Pay not working on the OnePlus 10 Pro after installing the latest OOS 13 C.20 update. As far as the official stance on this matter is concerned, the developers are yet to acknowledge this issue, let alone give out any ETA for the rollout of a fix. As and when any of these two things happen, we will update this guide accordingly. In the meantime, the aforementioned workarounds are your best bet.
- Bypass Login MSM Download Tool OnePlus 10 Pro
- How to Enable Call Recorder on OnePlus 10 Pro/10T/10R
- Convert OnePlus 10 Pro from Chinese ColorOS to International OxygenOS
- MSM Download Tool for OnePlus 10 Pro: The Final Nail in the Coffin