In this guide, we will make you aware of the best stock kernel settings for your Pixel 7 Pro. The latest flagships from the Silicon Valley giant behold the second generation Tensor chipset. In this regard, there have been some noticeable improvements in numerous domains when compared with its predecessor.
However, it is still not quite up there when it comes to raw power and efficient energy utilization. One direct consequence of this is less-than-optimal battery utilization leading to a higher rate of battery drainage. To overcome these limitations, you always have the option to opt for a custom kernel and then govern the settings according to your requirement.
But what if you don’t want to opt for a custom kernel and instead want to optimize the preinstalled stock kernel? Well, you could do that as well using some of the best stock kernel settings for your Pixel 7 Pro. So without further delay, let’s show you how this could be carried out.
Best Stock Kernel Settings for Pixel 7 Pro
It goes without saying that even though we are dealing with stock kernels, you would still need root access to tweak its settings. So make sure to root your device via Magisk patched init_boot before proceeding ahead.
Moroever, tweaking kernel values [especially changing CPU frequencies] might prove to be a risky bet, so proceed ahead at your own risk. Droidwin and its members wouldn’t be held responsible in case of a thermonuclear war, your alarm doesn’t wake you up, or if anything happens to your device and data by performing the below steps.
- Download and install a kernel manager app [like EX Kernel Manager].
- Then launch it and tap Grant in the SuperUser prompt that appears.
- Now go to the CPU tab and switch governors for all CPU clusters from ‘sched_pixel’ to ‘shedutil’
- After that, open “Governor Options” and change the ‘rate_limit_us’ for all clusters from ‘10000’ to ‘0’
- Once that is done, Open “CPU scheduler options” and set the parameters as defined below:
sched_wakeup_granularity_ns : 10000000 sched_tunable_scaling : 1 sched_min_granulatity_ns : 2000000 sched_latency_ns : 12000000
- Finally, go to the Memory section and disable ZRAM.
That’s it. These were the best stock kernel settings for your Pixel 7 Pro. for the aforementioned information. If you have any queries concerning the aforementioned steps, do let us know in the comments. We will get back to you with a solution at the earliest. [Credits: XDA Senior Member otonieru].
- How to Flash Kirisakura Custom Kernel on Pixel 7/Pro
- How to Flash Despair Kernel in Pixel 7 Pro
- Go Back to Stock Kernel from Custom Kernel [Pixel 7 Pro]
- Fix Pixel 7 Pro: Your Device is corrupt Install to inactive slot Magisk