In this guide, we will show you the steps to remove the Sign out option from the lock screen on your Windows 11 PC. When you hit the Ctrl+Alt+Del shortcut keys, then you will be taken to the Lock Screen menu from where you can carry out the following tasks- Lock, Switch User, Sign Out, Change a Password, and Task Manager.
In this regard, you do have the option to remove the Sign out option from that lock screen on your Windows 11 PC. This job can be done via two different methods- using Registry Editor and Group Policy Editor. Via the latter, you could implement this tweak for specific or all users whereas via the former [Registry], you could execute this tweak for the Current User. So with that in mind, let’s get started.
Remove Sign out from Lock Screen in Windows 11 via GPE
- Launch all users, specific users or groups, or all users except administrators Local Group Policy Editor depending on your need.
- Then go to the following location from the left-hand side menu bar:
User Configuration > Administrative Templates > System > Ctrl+Alt+Del Options
- Now open the Remove Logoff policy from the right-hand side.
- Finally, select Enabled and hit OK. That’s it. Sign out will be removed from the lock screen on your Windows 11 PC.
- To re-add it, just select Not Configured and hit OK,
Remove Sign out from Lock Screen in Windows 11 via Registry
- Right-click on an empty region on your desktop.
- Then select New > Text Document.
- Now copy-paste the below command in the file:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer] "NoLogoff"=dword:00000001
- Once done, hit Ctrl+S to save the file. Change the Save As to All Files.
- Then name the file df.reg and hit Enter to save it. Now launch the file.
- Click on Run/YES/OK to run the file and your task stands complete.
- To add this option back, simply change the content of the file to:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer] "NoLogoff"=-
That’s it. These were the steps to remove the Sign out option from the lock screen on your Windows 11 PC. If you have any queries concerning the aforementioned steps, do let us know in the comments. We will get back to you with a solution at the earliest.
- How to Create Shortcuts of Settings menu items in Windows 11
- Windows Facial Recognition not working: Something went wrong [Fix]
- How to Create a Shortcut for a Settings Menu in Windows 11
- PIN not working in Windows 11: How to Fix