In this guide, we will show you the steps to connect your Galaxy Watch 6 with your Huawei device. When it comes to smartwatches, then Samsung has firmly established itself as the absolute best in this domain. Runnin the Android-based WearOS, it open the floodgates of the plethora of tweaks, most of which are the carbon copy of heat you used to do on your Android device.
However, you might very well be aware of the fact that due to the overlong tussle between Google and Huawei, the latter is no longer permitted to use any GApps packages. And its repercussion isn’t only limited to phones, smartwatches have also been among the suffering party. The perfect example of the same is the inability of the Galaxy Watch 6 to connect with Huawei Devices. If you are also facing a similar issue, then this guide will help you out. Follow along for the fix.
How to Connect Galaxy Watch 6 with Huawei Devices
There is no straightforward method to get this job done. It was more of a hit and trial until the job was done [Credits: XDA Member user9989]. So keeping that point in mind, let’s get started:
- First off, uninstall all Samsung Watch-related apps from your phone.
- These include the likes of Samsung Health, Galaxy Wearable/Gear, Samsung Watch plugins, etc.
- Then reset your Galaxy Watch (compulsory if you had connected it to any other phone).
- Now install the Wear OS by Google app from the Play Store. Launch it and then close it.
- Next up, install Samsung Health and Galaxy Wearable apps from Play Store.
- Now make Galaxy Watch ready to pair (select Language, Region and wait for it to start).
- Then open the Bluetooth settings in your device and connect it to your Watch [give it the required permissions].
- After that, confirm the PIN on the watch and then on your phone.
- Now open Samsung Health, log in to your Samsung account, and register your Galaxy Watch 6.
- Then give Galaxy Wearable permission to install apps on your phone.
- Open Galaxy Wearable and connect to the Galaxy Watch 6.
- The Galaxy Wearable app will download Galaxy Watch 6 Manager.
- Now log in to your Samsung account and give it the required permissions.
- Then during further installation, DO NOT add backup from the Samsung, Google, and other accounts.
- Finally, wait for the watch to start. Now you can add all these accounts/backups from settings in your watch.
These were the steps to connect your Galaxy Watch 6 with your Huawei device. If you have any queries concerning the aforementioned steps, do let us know in the comments. We will get back to you with a solution at the earliest.
- Huawei Watch 3 sync not working with Pixel 7 Pro [Fix]
- Galaxy Watch 4 not working with Huawei: How to Fix
- Download and Install Galaxy Watch 6 Faces on any Smartwatch
- Fix Cannot Restore Data on Galaxy Watch 6 via Samsung Cloud