In this guide, we will show you the steps to fix the issue of the Proximity Sensor not working on Xiaomi/Redmi/Poco devices. A proximity sensor is able to detect the presence of nearby objects without any physical contact. If we talk about its usage in the smartphone, then one of its most common use case scenarios is when you place or pick up a call, the display will turn off straight away.
This happens so that your face or ear doesn’t end up inadvertently interacting with your device, which might result in you putting the call on hold, muting it, or even canceling it. While its benefits are undeniable, there have been a few instances wherein it just refuses to function along the expected lines. When that happens, your first course of action should be to clear the region where it’s located [upper front part of the phone].
Likewise, you should double-check that the screen protector you are using is compatible with your device and that there is no temporary transparent protection film on the screen. Once you have checked all these fixes but the Proximity Sensor is still not working on your Xiaomi/Redmi/Poco device, then you should give the below software side fix a try.
Fix Proximity Sensor not working on Xiaomi/Redmi/Poco
In order to get this job done, we will be making use of the built-in Control and Identification Toolbox on your device, which is also known as the Hardware Test Menu. Make sure to proceed ahead with caution and at your own risk. Droidwin and its members wouldn’t be held responsible in case of a thermonuclear war, your alarm doesn’t wake you up, or if anything happens to your device and data by performing the below steps.
- Brig up the dialer and type in the below command to open CIT:
- You could also go to Settings > About Phone > All Specs and tap on Kernel version 5 times to enable CIT.
- Once you are inside CIT, select the Proximity Sensor test.
- Then proceed with the on-screen instructions to complete the test.
- You might be asked to touch on three points (or similar exercises) to calibrate the sensor.
- Do so as instructed and then restart your device. The underlying issue should be resolved.
That’s it. These were the steps to fix the issue of the Proximity Sensor not working on Xiaomi/Redmi/Poco devices. If you have any queries concerning the aforementioned steps, do let us know in the comments. We will get back to you with a solution at the earliest.
- Google Pixel 6/Pro Proximity Sensor Not Working: How to Fix
- Pixel 6 Fingerprint Sensor Not Working: How to Fix
- How to Fix Loss Of Fingerprint Sensor Issue on any OnePlus Device
- Location-based Automation not running automatically on iPhone?