In this guide, we will show you the steps to install numerous custom ROMs on your Pixel 7A. The devices from the Silicon Valley giant have always been known to be among the most active players in custom development. And the latest entry to the Pixel lineup, the affordable 7A, has once again done justice to this statement, and in quite some style. Within days of its launch, a couple of custom ROMs have already made their way over to this device.
But why is there a need to ditch the Pixel ecosystem and opt for a custom ROM when the latter are themselves based on AOSP? Well, one major reason for the same is the plethora of additional mods and tweaks that these ROMs behold [while you could try out most of these features in a stock ROM as well, but then you’ll have to root your device]. So on that note, let’s get started with the steps to install numerous custom ROMs on your Pixel 7A.
How to Install Various Custom ROMs on Pixel 7A
Irrespective of the ROM you end up flashing, each of them will wipe off all the data from your device, so please take a complete device backup beforehand. Droidwin and its members wouldn’t be held responsible in case of a thermonuclear war, your alarm doesn’t wake you up, or if anything happens to your device and data by performing the below steps.
STEP 1: Install Android SDK
First and foremost, you will have to install the Android SDK Platform Tools on your PC. This is the official ADB and Fastboot binary provided by Google and is the only recommended one. So download it and then extract it to any convenient location on your PC. Doing so will give you the platform-tools folder, which will be used throughout this guide.
STEP 2: Enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlocking
Next up, you will also have to enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlocking on your device. The former will make your device recognizable by the PC in ADB mode. This will then allow you to boot your device to Fastboot Mode. On the other hand, OEM Unlocking is required to carry out the bootloader unlocking.
So head over to Settings > About Phone > Tap on Build Number 7 times > Go back to Settings > System > Developer Options > Enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlocking.
STEP 3: Unlock Bootloader on Pixel 7A
Next up, you will also have to unlock the device’s bootloader. Do keep in mind that doing so will wipe off all the data from your device and could nullify its warranty as well. So if that’s all well and good, then please refer to our detailed guide on How to Unlock the Bootloader on Pixel 7A.
STEP 4: Download Custom ROMs for Pixel 7A
- You could now grab hold of the ROM and its associated files from the below link:
- Rename the ROM file to rom.zip and transfer all the files to the platform-tools folder.
STEP 5: Boot Pixel 7A Fastboot Mode
- Now connect your device to the PC via a USB cable. Make sure USB Debugging is enabled.
- Then head over to the platform-tools folder, type in CMD in the address bar, and hit Enter. This will launch the Command Prompt.
- Type in the following command in the CMD window to boot your device to Fastboot Mode
adb reboot bootloader
- To verify the Fastboot connection, type in the below command and you should get back the device ID.
- If you are not getting any serial ID, then please install the Fastboot Drivers.
Install LineageOS on Pixel 7A
To flash the latest LineageOS 20 based on Android 13 onto your Pixel 7A, you could refer to our below-linked guide:
Install Evolution X on Pixel 7A
- Make sure that you have transferred all the files to the platform tools folder.
- Now type in the below command to boot your device to FastbootD Mode:
fastboot reboot fastboot
- Then type in the below command to flash system.img
fastboot flash system system.img
- Now flash the system_ext.img via the below command
fastboot flash system_ext system_ext.img
- Then flash product.img using the below-listed command
fastboot flash product product.img
- Now flash vendor.img via the command shown below:
fastboot flash vendor vendor.img
- After that, reboot your device to Fastboot via the command
- Then type in the below command to flash vbmeta and disable verity
fastboot flash --disable-verity --disable-verification vbmeta vbmeta.img
- Now perform a factory reset via the following command
- Finally, execute the below command to boot your device to the newly flashed OS
That’s it. These were the steps to install Evolution X on your Pixel 7A. If you have any queries concerning the aforementioned steps, do let us know in the comments. We will get back to you with a solution at the earliest.
Install Paranoid Android on Pixel 7A
- From Fastboot Mode, execute the below command to flash the ROM:
fastboot update rom.zip
- Once done, use the below command to perform a factory data reset
- Now use the below command to boot your device to the newly installed OS
That’s it. These were the steps to install Paranoid Android on your Pixel 7A. If you have any queries concerning the aforementioned steps, do let us know in the comments. We will get back to you with a solution at the earliest.
- How to Unbrick Pixel 7A via Fastboot [2 Methods]
- How to Root Pixel 7A via Magisk Patched Init Boot
- Guide to Pass SafetyNet on Rooted Pixel 7A
- Flash Firmware on Pixel 7A/7/Pro via ADB Sideload