In this guide, we will show you the steps to fix the mouse sensitivity issues in Starfield. This action role-playing game from Bethesda has just been released but even in such a short span of time, it has managed to grab the attention of the masses. Moreover, it has received a truckload of positive responses from critics for its storyline, open-world elements, and soundtrack.
On the flip side though, users are left infuriated due to the mouse sensitivity issues in Starfield. While some have voiced their concern that the mouse sensitivity is way too high in Starfield, others are perplexed over its low settings. Whether its the horizontal or vertical Look, Aim, or the Mouse Look sensitivity, users are unable to find the perfect value for each of them. If you are also in the same boat, then this guide will help you out. Follow along.
How to Fix Mouse Sensitivity Issues in Starfield
- Open File Explorer via Windows+E and head over to
- Then open StarfieldPrefs.ini and insert the below lines under Controls
fLookSpeedYaw=0.5 fLookSpeedPitch=0.8888 MouseHeadingSensitivity=*double your fallout 4 sensitivity*
- Do note that you could also convert your source game sensitivity to a Starfield equivalent by multiplying it by 0.01166 and then rounding it off to the fourth decimal place.
- Moreover, “Look Sensitivity” is your hip-fire sensitivity, and “Aim Sensitivity” is your ADS sensitivity.
- Another interesting observation that we came across is that vertical look speed is about 1.78 times slower than horizontal look speed. On the other hand, “Aim Sensitivity” is the same on the vertical and horizontal axes.
- “Aim Sensitivity” and “Look Sensitivity” seem to scale according to the “Mouse Look Sensitivity”, and Look speed has no effect whatsoever on Aim speed.
- As far as customizing the below two values are concerned, they don’t do any favor as such, so you could completely ignore them:
- Likewise, the below value is also not required because the game doesn’t have mouse acceleration enabled by default.
That’s it. These were the numerous tips to fix the mouse sensitivity issues in Starfield. If you have any queries concerning the aforementioned steps, do let us know in the comments. We will get back to you with a solution at the earliest. [Credits: Redittor HeyItsASquirrel].
- Starfield Early Access not working on Xbox: How to Fix
- How to Enable Ultrawide 32:9 Aspect Ratio in Starfield
- Starfield Performance and Audio Issues: How to Fix