In this guide, we will show you the steps to fix the issue of AI Core features not working on your rooted Pixel device. The latest flagships from the Silicon Valley giant have caught the attention of the masses, and one major reason for the same is the toin of nifty AI features that it beholds. Some of the noteworthy ones include the likes of Magic Editor, Magic Audio Eraser, Best Take, Recorder with Summarize, Video Boost, and Smart Reply.
However, if you are among the tech enthusiasts who have obtained administrative privileges, then you might have to [or would have already!] bid adieu to these features. Numerous users have confirmed that the aforementioned Core AI features are no longer working on their rooted Pixel 8/Pro. Apart from that, the Automated message responses in the Messages app, Direct My Call, Hold My Call, Call Screening, and Recording in the Phone App are also currently bugged.
Moroever, if you try using the Magic Tools in Google Photos, then it will straightaway crash the app. So why is this happening? While nothing is concrete till now [apart from the obvious fact that it’s happening only in rooted devices], but using a custom fingerprint to pass the Play Integrity Test could be the most plausible culprit. With that said, let’s now make you aware of the steps to fix the issue of AI Core features not working on your rooted Pixel device.
AI Core Features not working on Rooted Pixel [Fixed]
Do note that one of the steps in the below fixes requires uninstalling updates from the Play Store. This does have a few noticeable caveats, such as having to set up your smartwatch again, payment cards being deleted from Google Pay, etc. So keep this in mind before proceeding ahead.
- First off, long press the Power key to bring up the Power menu.
- Then long tap on Restart and tap OK in the Safe Mode prompt.
- Now go to Settings > Apps > All Apps > Google Play Services.
- Then tap on the overflow icon and select Uninstall Updates > OK.
- Likewise, Uninstall Updates for Google Play Store and AI Core.
- Now go to Settings > Apps > All Apps > Google Play Service.
- Then go to Storage & Cache > Clear Storage > Clear All Data.
- Now Delete Data of Google Play Store and AI Core as well.
- Once that is done, restart your device back to the normal mode.
- Finally, update the Google Play Services and Google Photos.
Now check if the issue is resolved. If it’s still there, then try switching from Chiteroman’s Module to Osm0sis’s Fork [or vice versa] and then retry the process to pass the Play Integrity Test, keeping in mind all the differences. Do note that you may still use the same fingerprint that you were using earlier. Once you have made the switch and are passing the test, retry the above-mentioned tweak and this time around the underlying issue should be rectified.
That’s it. These were the steps to fix the issue of AI Core features not working on your rooted Pixel device. If you have any queries concerning the aforementioned steps, do let us know in the comments. We will get back to you with a solution at the earliest.