In this guide, we will show you a couple of methods to fix the Firmware Update Error with a Xiaomi Smart Pen. When it comes to the tablet domain, then the Chinese OEM is slowly but surely making its presence felt. In this regard, the Mi Pad 5 is without a shadow of a doubt one of its best and most popular offerings to date. Moreover, it seems to have checkmarked both the prerequisites- offering top-of-the-end specs with a plethora of intriguing features.
However, there still seem to be a few rough edges, most noticeably with its pen. We have already seen a slew of issues lined up wherein users have voiced their concern that they are getting the Firmware Update error when trying to update their Xiaomi Smart Pen. If you are also in the same boat, then this guide will make you aware of a couple of nifty workarounds to rectify this issue.
Fix Xiaomi Smart Pen Firmware Update Error
It is recommended that you try out each of the below-mentioned workarounds and then see which one spells out success. So with that in mind, let’s get started.
FIX 1: Switch to US Region via VPN
Many users were able to rectify this issue after switching their device region to the USA using a VPN. So put this tweak to the test using the below-listed steps and check if it fixes the Firmware Update Error with a Xiaomi Smart Pen.
- Download and install a VPN app from the Play Store.
- Then launch it and change your region to the USA.
- Now go to Stylus & Keyboard settings > Update firmware > Check for Updates > Update.
- The latest firmware will now be downloaded and installed without any issues.
FIX 2: Detach Pen Before Updating
You should unplug the pen first and only then proceed to carry out the upgrade. Here’s how it could be done:
- To begin with, disconnect all Bluetooth devices, including the Stylus from your device.
- Then detach the Stylus from your device. Now turn off WiFi and restart your device.
- Then re-attach the stylus and wait for it to be connected. Make sure that only Stylus is connected.
- Now turn on the WiFi and go to Stylus & Keyboard settings > Update firmware > Check for Updates.
- Finally, detach the pen from the tablet and press Update. The update will now start without any issues.
That’s it. These were the two different methods that should help you fix the Firmware Update Error with a Xiaomi Smart Pen. If you have any queries concerning the aforementioned steps, do let us know in the comments. We will get back to you with a solution at the earliest.
- How to Root any Xiaomi/Redmi/Poco via Magisk
- How to Unbrick any Xiaomi/Redmi/Poco via Mi Flash Tool
- Install MIUI Fastboot ROM via Mi Flash Tool on Xiaomi/Redmi/Poco
- Go Back to Stock MIUI from Custom ROM on Xiaomi/Redmi/Poco