In this guide, we will show you various methods to fix the issue of Shortcuts Automation not working on iOS 17. The shortcut app on your iPhone allows you to create an automated event that will be executed at a predetermined date and time without any manual intervention from your end. However, this functionality seems to be going through a rough patch with the seventeenth iteration of the OS.
Numerous users have voiced their concern that Shortcuts Automation are not working along the excepted lines right after they had installed the latest iOS 17 on their iPhone. Whenever they try to launch a shortcut, it gets stuck in the loading screen. If you are also facing a similar issue, then this guide will make you aware of a nifty workaround that should help you resolve this bug. So without further ado, let’s check them out.
Fix Shortcuts Automation not working on iOS 17
It is recommended that you try out each of the below-mentioned workarounds and then see which one spells out success. So with that in mind, let’s get started.
FIX 1: Recreate Automation
Your first course of action should be to delete the automation and then recreate it from scratch. Here’s how it could be done
- Launch the Shortcuts app and head over to the Automation tab.
- Then select the automation that is not working and delete it.
- Now create a new automation that will replace the deleted one.
- Check if Shortcuts Automation are now working on iOS 17.
FIX 2: Reinstall Shortcuts
You might also get bugged by this issue if the Shortcuts app gets outdated or corrupted. Therefore, your best bet is to uninstall and reinstall the Shortcut app. Here’s how it could be done:
- Long-press on the Shortcut’s app icon and select Delete App.
- Then restart your device once [optional but recommended].
- Now reinstall the Shortcuts app from the App Store.
- The underlying issue should now be rectified. That’s it.
These were the various methods to fix the issue of Shortcuts Automation not working on iOS 17. As far as the official stance on this matter is concerned, the developers are yet to acknowledge this issue, let alone give out any ETA for the rollout of a fix. As and when any of these two things happen, we will update this guide accordingly. In the meantime, the aforementioned workarounds are your best bet.
- Contact Posters not working on iOS 17: How to Fix
- iOS 17 Fix: Siri not working on HomePod/HomePodOS 17
- iMessage Check-In Feature not working in iOS 17 [Fixed]
- FaceTime Reaction Effects not working on iOS 17 [Fixed]