In this guide, we will show you a couple of nifty workarounds to fix the issue of Weekly Challenge progress getting reset in Mortal Kombat 1. There has been a new addition to the popular Mortal Combat series. The twelfth iteration has just made its way with a slew of intriguing quests, out of which its weekly changes have grabbed the attention of the masses, though not for all the right reasons.
Numerous users have recently voiced their concern that their Weekly Challenge progress tends to get reset in Mortal Kombat 1 before they enter a match. As a result of this, all their previous progress for doing ground moves, uppercuts, and damage goes back to square one. So they are now left with a mammoth task of doing 50 uppercuts or 10k damage in a single match, which is proving to be beyond the reach of many. If you are also in the same boat, then this guide will help you out. Follow along for the fix.
Fix Mortal Kombat 1 Weekly Challenge Progress Reset
As far as the Ground Attacks are concerned, here’s what you need to do
- Start a V.Easy Tower fight with a Kameo like Frost/Cyrax with a stun.
- Spam D1 because the attacks do not have to hit to count.
- Use all 3 rounds by deliberately losing one if necessary.
- Stun the opponent as much as possible to buy time by not hitting them.
On the other hand, for the Uppercut mission, here’s what you could do:
- Go to the first node in the Nether Stone area (“Flying High”) on the Fengjian Village map (southern side)
- Pick Li Mei. Then respect your stats and go fully into health points.
- Start the fight and just keep spamming uppercuts (d,2), you can usually get her stuck in the corner for a nice chain
- Count 50 uppercuts and then wait for the timer to run out or beat the fight.
- Once the timer runs out you actually win and it will complete the weekly quest, you can return to the map after the secret fight starts.
- NOTE: If you fight the Sub Zero boss at the festival with Sub Zero (or another ice type) you can get 50 uppercuts fairly easily. Just don’t dump any additional stats into Attack.
For 10K Damage, the Seasonal Tower is the best way to get the job done.
That’s it. These were the various tweaks that should help you fix the issue of Weekly Challenge progress getting reset in Mortal Kombat 1. As far as the official stance on this matter is concerned, the developers are aware of this issue, but they haven’t given out any ETA for the rollout of a fix. As and when that happens, we will update this guide accordingly. In the meantime, the aforementioned workarounds are your best bet.
- Mortal Kombat 1 Story Mode Audio Issue: How to Fix
- How to Turn off Audio/Mute Kara in The Crew Motorfest
- Starfield Performance and Audio Issues: How to Fix
- Elgato HD60 X Audio Recording/Streaming issues [Fix]
- Destiny 2 Audio Issues: How to Fix