In this guide, we will show you the steps to install the latest Helluva OS on your Poco F4. For tech enthusiasts, opting for a device from Xiaomi is a no-brainer. These set of devices [especially the one with an underlying Qualcomm chipset] is usually quite an active player in the custom development. And if you own a Poco device, then they are at the epitome of development.
In this regard, if we talk about the fourth iteration in the Poco lineup, then this device has already reached quite a few landmarks and is currently enjoying support from over 15 custom ROMs. And in spite of that, we are witnessing the addition of a new player every other day. The latest one to make its presence felt is the Helluva OS which you could now easily install onto your Poco F4. And in this guide, we will show you how to do just that. Follow along.
Table of Contents
How to Install Helluva OS on Poco F4 [Video]
The below steps will wipe off all the data from your device, so please take a complete device backup beforehand. Droidwin and its members wouldn’t be held responsible in case of a thermonuclear war, your alarm doesn’t wake you up, or if anything happens to your device and data by performing the below steps.
STEP 1: Install Android SDK
First and foremost, you will have to install the Android SDK Platform Tools on your PC. This is the official ADB and Fastboot binary provided by Google and is the only recommended one. So download it and then extract it to any convenient location on your PC. Doing so will give you the platform-tools folder, which will be used throughout this guide to install EvolutionX on Poco F4.
STEP 2: Enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlocking
Next up, you will also have to enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlocking on your device. The former will make your device recognizable by the PC in ADB mode. This will then allow you to boot your device to Fastboot Mode. On the other hand, OEM Unlocking is required to carry out the bootloader unlocking.
So head over to Settings > About Phone > Tap on Build Number 7 times > Go back to Settings > System > Advanced > Developer Options > Enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlocking.
STEP 3: Unlock Bootloader on Poco F4
Next up, you will also have to unlock the device’s bootloader. Do keep in mind that doing so will wipe off all the data from your device and could nullify its warranty as well. So if that’s all well and good, then please refer to our detailed guide on How to Unlock Bootloader on any Xiaomi Device.
STEP 4: Download Helluva OS ROM for Poco F4
- Grab hold of the ROM and its associated files for your Poco F4 from below.
- Rename the ROM file to rom.zip, dtbo to dtbo.img, boot to boot.img, and vendor_boot to vendor_boot.img
- Then transfer all these files to the platform-tools folder on your PC.
STEP 5: Boot to Fastboot Mode
- Connect your device to the PC via a USB cable. Make sure USB Debugging is enabled.
- Then head over to the platform-tools folder, type in CMD in the address bar, and hit Enter. This will launch the Command Prompt.
- Type in the following command in the CMD window to boot your device to Fastboot Mode
adb reboot bootloader
- To verify the Fastboot connection, type in the below command and you should get back the device ID.
- If you are not getting any serial ID, then please install the Fastboot Drivers on your PC.
STEP 6: Flash HelluvaOS ROM on Poco F4
- First off, type in the below command to flash dtbo:
fastboot flash dtbo dtbo.img
- Then use the below command to flash the boot file:
fastboot flash boot boot.img
- After that, flash vendor_boot via the below command:
fastboot flash vendor_boot vendor_boot.img
- Now use the below command to boot to the recovery mode
fastboot reboot recovery
- You’ll be taken to the No Command screen. Press and hold the Power key and while doing so, press and release the Volume Up key.
- You’ll now be taken to the recovery. Then use the Volume Keys to highlight Factory Reset and press the power key to confirm.
- Now use the Volume Keys to highlight the Install update through ADB and press the power key to confirm.
- Then type in the below command to flash the HelluvaOS ROM on your Poco F4 via ADB Sideload:
adb sideload rom.zip
- Once done, use the Volume Keys to highlight Reboot System and press the power key to confirm. Your device will now boot to the newly installed OS.
That’s it. These were the steps to install the latest Helluva OS on your Poco F4. If you have any queries concerning the aforementioned steps, do let us know in the comments. We will get back to you with a solution at the earliest.