In this guide, we will show you the steps to reset app settings to default on your Android device. There could be quite a few instances wherein an app might not perform along the expected lines on your device. From slow loading time to data being corrupted or displaying incorrect information, or even worse, facing constant crashes, the app could get bugged by any of these issues.
When that happens, you should usually start with the basic troubleshooting tips like restarting your device, booting it to Safe Mode [if the issue is with a system app], trying out network tweaks [if it does require an interaction with the internet], force stopping and restarting the app, and so on.
However, if none of them works out in your favor, then your best and only course of action is to reset the app settings to their default settings on your Android device. And in this guide, we will show you how to do just that. Follow along.
How to Reset App Settings to Default on Android
In order to get this job done, you’ll have to delete the app’s data. If this is an offline app [such as an offline game], then you might lose the progress. But for instance, if you are using a File Manager app, then deleting its data wouldn’t affect any of your files. On the other hand, if it is an online app, then consider syncing your app data with an online account. With that said, let’s now get started with the instructions steps:
- To begin with, head over to Settings > Apps > All Apps > select the desired app.
- If your app is not visible, then tap on the overflow icon at the top right and select Show System. The app should now be visible.
- Now go to its Storage and Cache section and tap on Clear Storage/Delete Data.
- Again tap on Delete Data/OK in the confirmation prompt. It is also recommended that you restart your device now.
That’s it. These were the steps to reset app settings to default on your Android device. If you have any queries concerning the aforementioned steps, do let us know in the comments. We will get back to you with a solution at the earliest.
- How to Enable iPhone iOS 17 Standby Mode on Android
- Android Not Receiving Message from iPhone: How to Fix
- Fix Compass Not Working/Showing Wrong Direction on Android
- How to Edit Build.prop on Android Without Root!