In this guide, we will show you the steps to fix the Game Failed to Launch error when trying to launch Wild Hearts via Steam. This action role-playing video game has just been released by EA and the initial impression is mostly on the positive side, though it seems to have met with a few roadblocks as well. Among them, the most concerning and infuriating one is the user’s inability to get access to the game via the client.
In this regard, numerous users have voiced their concern that whenever they try to launch Wild Hearts via Steam, they are instead greeted with the Game Failed to Launch error. As a result of which, users are unable to give it a try in its early access phase. If you are also in the same boat, then this guide will make you aware of a nifty workaround that should help you rectify this issue. So without further ado, let’s check it out.
Fix Wild Hearts Game Failed to Launch Error on Steam
- Launch the Steam app on your PC and go to Steam support > Wild Hearts.
- Then select “I want to permanently remove this game from my account”.
- Now choose Standard/Deluxe edition (depending on your edition) and hit OK.
- Then select “Remove the listed game permanently”.
- Once done, go to the EA app > Help > App Recovery > Clear Cache. The app will restart.
- Now launch Wild Hearts via Steam and it should run without any issues.
- Moreover, to restore the “full” game, launch Steam > go to Help > Steam Support.
- Then choose Wild Hearts > select “It’s not in my library” > choose Restore.
- Do keep in mind that the “full” game has to be disabled in order to only play via EA Play.
That’s it. These were the steps to fix the Game Failed to Launch error when trying to launch Wild Hearts via Steam. As far as the official stance on this matter is concerned, the developers are aware of this issue, but they haven’t given out any ETA for the rollout of a fix. As and when that happens, we will update this guide accordingly. In the meantime, the aforementioned workarounds are your best bet.
- Disable Origin Overlay for EA Steam games [without Origin Client]
- Steam Captcha not working: How to Fix
- Apex Legends crashing via Steam and Origin: How to Fix
- Hogwarts Legacy Save Game File issues: How to Fix