In this tutorial, we will show you how to unlock the bootloader on any Realme device. Although Realme is among the latest entry to the smartphone segment, yet it has seen an exponential rise in its user base. The reason for the same is hardly anyone’s guess. Offering feature-rich devices at an affordable price, well what else could a user ask for?
Apart from that, the Realme UI itself offers a plethora of customizations. These customizations could be installing custom launchers, fonts styles, or themes or trying out other such apps via Play Store. However, this is just the tip of the iceberg. There exist a plethora of other tweaks that you could try out.
UPDATE 1: WE HAVE WRITTEN AN UPDATED GUIDE WITH TONS OF NEW INFORMATION AND IN-DEPTH TEST APK FOR ALL REALME DEVICES. PLEASE REFER TO OUR GUIDE: A Universal Guide to Unlock Bootloader on any Realme Device
To begin with, you could install a custom Recovery like TWRP which in itself offers a plenitude of other features. Likewise, you could install custom ROMs, mods, frameworks, etc. On top of all this, you could even gain administrative privileges by rooting your device via Magisk (with TWRP or without TWRP).
But for all of these tweaks to be carried out, there is one major prerequisite that your device should qualify. That is your Realme device should have an unlocked bootloader. And in this guide, we will show you how to do just that. So without further ado, let’s begin with the guide on how to unlock bootloader on any Realme device. Follow along.
- How to Install OTA Updates in Rooted Android Device
- Watch Netflix in HD on Rooted Devices ( Get Widevine L1 Support )
- How to Permanently Install TWRP without TWRP ZIP File (only using TWRP.img file)
- [GUIDE] Flash ROMs/Magisk/TWRP/Kernels on A/B Partition Devices
Advantages of an Unlocked Bootloader
There are plenty of goodies associated with a device having an unlocked bootloader. To begin with, you could replace the stock recovery on your device via a custom recovery like TWRP, install tons of mods, frameworks, and themes, flash ZIP and IMG files, etc. The biggest advantage is the ability to get administrative privileges in the form of the root. Likewise, you could even install an altogether new OS on your device in the form of Custom ROMs. While all this does seem to intrigue the tech enthusiasts, there are some risks that come with an unlocked bootloader. Let’s have a look at that as well, only then we will be painting the complete picture.
Risks of an Unlocked Bootloader
First of all, your device is now more prone to security attacks. Your device’s warranty will also become null and void. Similarly, the process will wipe all the data from your device. Apps like Google Pay, Netflix, and Pokemon GO might not function properly as well. The entire process is itself risky, and if not done correctly might brick your device or send it to a bootloop state.
So all this might have given you the perfect idea as to the risks and perks with an unlocked bootloader. If you have made up your mind, then proceed with the steps to unlock the bootloader on any Realme device.
How to Unlock Bootloader on any Realme Device
Before we list out the steps to do so, there are a few prerequisites to keep in mind. Make sure to follow each one of them.
- To begin with, create a complete backup of your Realme device. This is because unlocking the bootloader will wipe off all the data on your device.
- Download and install the Realme Unlock Tool (or the In-Depth Test App). Each Realme smartphone has a different device-specific unlock tool. Download it from this guide: In-Depth Test App for All Realme devices.
- Next up, enable USB Debugging on your device as well. For that, head over to Settings > About Phone > Tap on Build Number 7 times > Then go back to Settings > System > Advanced > Developer Options > Enable USB Debugging.
- Similarly, you will also have to enable OEM unlocking. For that, again head over to Developer Options and enable the OEM Unlocking toggle.
That is it. Now proceed with the below steps to unlock the bootloader on your Realme devices.
Keep in mind that Bootloader Unlocking is a risky process if not done correctly. In that regard, you are completely aware of the associated risks as well. Proceed ahead at your own risk. Droidwin or any of its member won’t be held responsible if anything happens to your device, (although the help is just a comment away).
Instructions Steps to Unlock Bootloader on Realme Devices
- Launch the In-Depth Test (Unlock Tool) on your Realme device. Tap on the Start Applying button situated at the bottom.
- Then agree to the Terms and Conditions checkbox and tap on Submit Application.
- The entire process should take nearbaout 15 minutes.
- After which you should get a prompt that the Review is Successful. When that happens, tap on Start the In-depth test.
- As soon as you do so, your device will automatically reboot and the fast boot_unlock_verify ok message will be displayed only your device.
- In this instance, connect your device to PC via USB cable.
- Head over to the platform-tools folder, type in CMD in the address bar, and hit Enter. This will launch the Command Prompt.
- Now type in the below command to boot your device to Fastboot/Bootloader mode:
adb reboot bootloader
- Next up, type in the following code and if you get an alpha-numeric string followed by the fastboot keyword, it signifies a successful Fastboot connection:
- Finally, enter the below code to unlock the bootloader on your Realme device:
fastboot flashing unlock
- Upon executing the above command, you should get a confirmation message on your device. use the Volume Keys to highlight the UNLOCK THE BOOTLOADER message and hit the Power key to confirm the decision.
- When you do so, your device will reboot and enter the in-depth test mode. All the user data will be wiped off and the process will then be completed.
So this is all from this guide on how to unlock bootloader on any Realme device. Do notes that the first boot might take some time, this is completely normal. After your device reboots, you might have to set it up from scratch, considering data wipe has taken place. Furthermore, you might also get a Bootloader Unlocked warning message every time your device boots, again nothing to worry about. In that note, if you have queries with respect to any of the above-mentioned steps, do let us know in the comments section below.
1 thought on “How to Unlock Bootloader on any Realme Device”
Hello, good morning
I have a model Phablet Lenovo Tab V7 Phab 3 PB-6505M android 9
that the method you suggested to root it was not practical
Do you have a newer offer to unlock and root it?