In this guide, we will show you the steps to unbrick your Redmi Note 12 Pro/Pro+ 5G via Fastboot Commands. The newest entry to the Redmi Note series has already grabbed the attention of the masses. Offering top-of-the-end specs at a price affordable by the masses, there’s not much left to ask. Likewise, these devices are also quite active in custom development.
Generally, MediaTek devices aren’t at the top of the priority queue for the developer community, but Xiaomi devices might be the only exception. Whether it’s flashing custom/GSI ROMs, gaining administrative access by rooting the device via Magisk, or welcoming a plethora of tweaks, there’s a lot to look forward to. However, this is just one side of the coin.
Carrying out these tweaks comes with an associated risk as well. There’s always a risk of the device ending up in a bootloop or softbrick state. Well, ven if that happens, you could easily unbrick your Redmi Note 12 Pro/Pro+ 5G by flashing the Fastboot ROM via Fastboot Commands. And in this guide, we will show you how to do just that. Follow along.
How to Unbrick Redmi Note 12 Pro/Pro+ 5G via Fastboot
The below instructions are listed under separate sections for ease of understanding. Make sure to follow in the exact same sequence as mentioned. Droidwin and its members wouldn’t be held responsible in case of a thermonuclear war, your alarm doesn’t wake you up, or if anything happens to your device and data by performing the below steps.
STEP 1: Download Android SDK
To begin with, download and install the Android SDK Platform Tools. This is the official ADB binary file provided by Google and is used to execute ADB and Fastboot Commands. So download and then extract it to any convenient location on your PC. Doing so shall give you the platform-tools folder, which we will be using throughout this guide.
STEP 2: Download Redmi Note 12 Pro/Pro+ 5G Fastboot ROM
Next up, download the Fastboot ROM for your device. As for this guide, I am using the Redmi Note 12 Pro/Pro+ (ruby) Fastboot Stable ROM version V18.104.22.168.SMOINXM [Direct Download Link]. You are free to try any version of your choice, but it is recommended to try the newer builds only and of your region. To download the firmware, you may use the official MIUI Forum.
Or if that is inaccessible, you may also take the help of a third-party site such as Xiaomi Firmware Updater. Furthermore, if you wish to understand the Xiaomi Fastboot firmware version, you may refer to our comprehensive guide on What is MIUI Fastboot ROM for Xiaomi, Mi, Redmi, Poco Devices. Or here’s the instruction in short,
- 22.214.171.124 – Firmware version
- S – Android version (S-> Android 12).
- MO – Smartphone model code (MO= Redmi Note 12 Pro)
- IN – Firmware build type (CN for China | IN for India | MI for Global | EU for Europe)
- XM – Firmware version code
Now that you have got hold of the required firmware file, proceed ahead to the next step to unbrick Redmi Note 11 via Fastboot Commands.
STEP 3: Move Redmi Note 12 Pro/Pro+ 5G Fastboot ROM Files to Platform Tools
- To begin with, extract the downloaded firmware file. Once the extraction is complete, you should see the following files:
- So head over to the Images folder and the following files will be present there:
- Select all these files via Ctrl+A shortcut keys and copy them to the platform-tools folder.
- Once done, proceed to the next step to unbrick your Redmi Note 11 device via Fastboot Commands.
STEP 4: Boot Bootloop/Soft Bricked Redmi Note 12 Pro/Pro+ 5G to Fastboot Mode
- To begin with, you will have to boot your device to the Fastboot Mode. The first step for that requires you to power it off.
- If you cannot do so (due to your device being stuck in a bootloop) then the only option left is to let the entire battery drain out (remember the good old days when we could easily remove the battery!).
- Once your device has turned off, press and hold the Volume Down and Power buttons for a few seconds.
- This will boot your device to Fastboot Mode. You should see the famous Mi Bunny Logo with the Fastboot text underneath it.
STEP 5: Unbrick Redmi Note 12 Pro/Pro+ 5G via Fastboot Commands
- Head over to the platform tools folder, type in CMD in the address bar, and hit Enter. This will launch the Command Prompt.
- Now type in the below commands, one at a time, in this CMD window [the first command will reset your device, it is compulsory].
- Moreover, if you get any error after executing any of these commands, then don’t leave the process mid-way.
- Rather continue executing the rest of the commands and then check the results.
fastboot -w fastboot erase boot_ab fastboot erase expdb fastboot erase metadata fastboot erase opcust fastboot erase opconfig fastboot flash preloader_ab preloader_ruby.bin fastboot flash vbmeta_ab vbmeta.img fastboot flash vbmeta_system_ab vbmeta_system.img fastboot flash vbmeta_vendor_ab vbmeta_vendor.img fastboot flash md1img_ab md1img.img fastboot flash spmfw_ab spmfw.img fastboot flash audio_dsp_ab audio_dsp.img fastboot flash pi_img_ab pi_img.img fastboot flash dpm_ab dpm.img fastboot flash scp_ab scp.img fastboot flash sspm_ab sspm.img fastboot flash mcupm_ab mcupm.img fastboot flash cam_vpu1_ab cam_vpu1.img fastboot flash cam_vpu2_ab cam_vpu2.img fastboot flash cam_vpu3_ab cam_vpu3.img fastboot flash gz_ab gz.img fastboot flash lk_ab lk.img fastboot flash dtbo_ab dtbo.img fastboot flash tee_ab tee.img fastboot flash logo_ab logo.bin fastboot flash countrycode countrycode.img fastboot flash super super.img fastboot flash cust cust.img fastboot flash rescue rescue.img fastboot flash userdata userdata.img fastboot flash boot_ab boot.img fastboot oem cdms fastboot set_active a fastboot reboot
The second last command will set Slot A as the current active partition and the last command will boot your device to the OS. So on that note, we round off the guide on how you could unbrick Redmi Note 12 Pro/Pro+ 5G via Fastboot Commands. If you have any queries concerning the aforementioned steps, do let us know in the comments. We will get back to you with a solution at the earliest.