In this guide, we will show you the steps to unbrick your Nothing Phone 1 via EDL Flash Tool. The budget domain is already cluttered with a plethora of offerings from numerous noteworthy players, but even then, Nothing managed to make quite a name for itself, thanks in large part to its Glyph interface and a near about stock OS experience. If we turn our attention towards custom development, then the device is performing quite well in that ecosystem as well.
However, there was just one major element of risk involved. While you could easily recover your device from soft brick or bootloop by flashing the firmware via Fastboot Commands, there was no way of bringing it back to life in case it gets hard bricked. Up until now. Thanks to some impressive work by the developer, we now have a working EDL Flash Tool through which you could easily unbrick your Nothing Phone 1. So without further delay, let’s put this tool to the test!
How to Unbrick Nothing Phone 1 via EDL Flash Tool
The below process will wipe off all the data from your device, so take a complete device backup beforehand. Droidwin and its members wouldn’t be held responsible in case of a thermonuclear war, your alarm doesn’t wake you up, or if anything happens to your device and data by performing the below steps.
STEP 1: Boot Nothing Phone 1 to EDL Mode
In most cases, a bricked device is already in the EDL Mode. However, if your device is not yet in that mode, then refer to the below steps to get this job done.
Via Hardware Key Combinations
- Power off your device by pressing the Power key for around 20 seconds.
- Then connect one end of the USB cable to your PC but keep the other end empty.
- Now press and hold the Volume Up and Volume Down keys
- While holding both keys, connect your device to the other end of the US cable.
- You will soon hear a connection prompt signifying that the device is booted to EDL and you now leave the pressed keys.
By Shorting the Test Points
STEP 2: Verify EDL Mode | Install Qualcomm Drivers
- Right-click on the Start menu and select Device Manager. Then expand the Ports section.
- If your device is listed as Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008, then you are good to go ahead.
- However, if it is listed as QHUSB_BULK or Qualcomm HS-USB Diagnostics 900e, then you will have to install the Qualcomm US Drivers.
STEP 3: Disable Driver Signature Verification
- To begin with, press and hold the Shift key, and while doing so, click Restart.
- Your PC will now boot to Windows Recovery Environment.
- Select Troubleshoot > Advanced Options > Startup Settings > Restart.
- Then press F7 or 7 and your PC will reboot to the OS with Driver Signature Verification disabled.
Unbrick Nothing Phone 1 via EDL Flash Tool
- Download and extract the EDL Flash Tool on your PC [Credits: XDA Senior Member mark332]
Download Link 1 | Download Link 2
- Then launch the tool, select Firmware Flash, and click Start.
- The flashing will now begin and could take some time.
- Once done, your device will automatically boot to the OS.
That’s it. These were the steps to unbrick your Nothing Phone 1 via EDL Flash Tool. If you have any queries concerning the aforementioned steps, do let us know in the comments. We will get back to you with a solution at the earliest.
- How to Convert EEA to Global on Nothing Phone 1
- How to Flash Custom Kernel on Nothing Phone 1
- Install various Android 13 Custom ROMs on Nothing Phone 1
- How to Restore Nothing Phone 1 from Custom ROM to Stock