In this guide, we will show you the steps to unbrick your Asus ROG Phone 6/Pro via Fastboot Commands. The newest addition to the Asus family comes with a slew of power-packed features. Some of its noteworthy ones include the likes of Snapdragon 8 Gen 1+ chipset, 16GB RAM, 165Hz refresh rate, and a massive 6000mAh battery. Likewise, it is performing quite decently in the custom development as well.
Once you have unlocked the bootloader, you will then be able to switch from China [CN] to Global [WW] ROM, gain access to system partition by rooting your device via Magisk, flash custom ROMs, and carry out a plethora of other tweaks. However, just a slight deviation from the normal path and there’s every chance of your device going into a bootloop or getting soft-bricked. Well even if that happens, you could still unbrick your Asus ROG Phone 6/Pro by flashing the stock firmware via Fastboot Commands. And in this guide, we will show you how to do just that. Follow along.
How to Unbrick Asus ROG Phone 6/Pro via Fastboot Commands
The below process will wipe off all the data from your device. So take a complete device backup beforehand by any means possible. Droidwin and its members wouldn’t be held responsible in case of a thermonuclear war, your alarm doesn’t wake you up, or if anything happens to your device and data by performing the below steps.
STEP 1: Install Android SDK
First and foremost, you will have to install the Android SDK Platform Tools on your PC. This is the official ADB and Fastboot binary provided by Google and is the only recommended one. So download it and then extract it to any convenient location on your PC. Doing so will give you the platform-tools folder, which will be used throughout this guide to unbrick your Asus ROG Phone 6/Pro via Fastboot commands.
STEP 2: Download Asus ROG Phone 6/Pro RAW Firmware
Next up, download the stock firmware for your device from the below link.
Global [WW] RAW Firmware Firmware: Asus ROG Phone 6 | Asus ROG Phone 6 Pro
STEP 3: Extract Asus ROG Phone 6/Pro Payload.bin
Once you have downloaded the firmware, you will get a couple of files, including the payload.bin. So you will now have to extract it and get the resultant IMG files. To do so, you may refer to our guide on How to Extract Payload.bin file. Once extracted, make sure to transfer all the files to the platform-tools folder.
STEP 4: Boot Bricked ROG Phone 6 Pro to Fastboot Mode
In most cases, a soft-bricked or boot-looped device might already be in the Fastboot Mode. However, if you are stuck in a bootloop, then long-press the Power key to turn it off. Then press and hold the Power and Volume Down keys (or Power and Volume Up in some devices) together to boot your device to Fastboot Mode. However, if you are unable to power off the device, then let its battery drain out. Once that happens, connect it to the charger. Then as soon as it is about to boot up, use the Power and Volume Up/Down keys and it will straightaway boot to Fastboot Mode.
STEP 5: Format ROG Phone 6 Pro via Fastboot
- Head over to the platform-tools folder’s address bar, type in CMD in its address and hit Enter. This will launch the CMD window.
- Now execute the below command to perform a factory reset (optional but recommended)
STEP 6: Flash Asus ROG Phone 6 Pro Firmware via Fastboot
- To begin with, double click on the flashall_AFT file to start the flashing process.
- Once done, it will display FLASH COMPLETE. RESTART message. So reboot your device now.
- It will now boot to the stock recovery and you might get the message that “Can’t load Android system”. It’s completely normal.
- So use the Volume keys to select Factory Data Reset and then press the Power key to confirm it.
- Your device will now undergo a reset. Once done, it will boot to the OS.
That’s it. These were the steps to unbrick your Asus ROG Phone 6/Pro via Fastboot Commands. If you have any queries concerning the aforementioned steps, do let us know in the comments. We will get back to you with a solution at the earliest.
- Unlock Bootloader on Asus ROG Phone 6/Pro
- Convert Asus ROG Phone 6 from Chinese [CN] to Global ROM [WW]
- How to Root Asus ROG Phone 6/Pro via Magisk Patched Boot