In this guide, we will show you a couple of methods to fix the stutters and lags when scrolling in Chrome on Mac. While the stock browser from the Cupertino giant has firmly established itself as one of the best in the Apple ecosystem, however, this is where lies the problem- it is only limited to Apple devices. So to get cross-device sync functionality, many users are instead inclined towards the offering from the search engine giant.
However, in spite of all the goodies that it has to offer, it isn’t free from its fair share of issues either. As of now, numerous users have voiced their concern that they are witnessing micro stutters and lags when scrolling through websites in Chrome on their Mac. In this regard, initially, the culprit was assumed to be the browser itself.
However, since then many users have reported the exact issue on Safari as well, so all fingers now point to the latest macOS update. With that said, if you are also currently getting bugged with this issue, then this guide will make you aware of a few nifty workarounds to rectify it. So without any further ado, let’s check them out.
How to Fix Stutters and lags when scrolling in Chrome on Mac
It is recommended that you try out each of the below-mentioned workarounds and then see which one spells out success for you. So with that in mind, let’s get started.
FIX 1: Switch to Google DNS
As strange as it may sound, but making a switch to the Domain Name Server from the currently allocated one by the Internet Service Provider over to the one from Google did manage to minimize the lag to a significant extent. So let’s put this fix to the test using the below-listed instructions and check out the results:
- Click on the Apple logo, select System Preferences, and then go to Network.
- Then select WiFi from the left menu bar and click on the Advanced button.
- After that, switch over to the DNS tab and click on the plus icon.
- Now type in the following Primary and Secondary Google DNS server addresses in the space provided.
- Then click OK to save it. Check if it fixes the stutters and lags when scrolling in Chrome on Mac.
[Note: Ad blockers might prove to be the single biggest culprit in the current scenario. However, you are also aware of the consequences of disabling it, so decide on this trade-off accordingly].
- Launch Chrom and head over to the below location:
- Then disable the toggle next to each of the extensions.
- If the issue gets resolved, then re-enable one extension at a time until you are able to re-create the issue.
- Once the issue comes back, then the last enabled extension is the culprit.
- Therefore, it is recommended to remove that extension from the browser.
That’s it. These were the two different methods to fix the stutters and lags when scrolling in Chrome on Mac. If you have any queries concerning the aforementioned steps, do let us know in the comments. We will get back to you with a solution at the earliest.
- Cannot Upload Files via Chrome in macOS: How to Fix
- Chrome zoom-in shortcut not working in macOS: How to Fix
- Google Maps not working in Safari 16 macOS 12.6 [Fixed]
- How to Enable Safari Debug menu in macOS Monterey