In this guide, we will show you the steps to stop the Microsoft Teams app from opening automatically on your Windows 11 PC. Due to the recent work-from-home trends, it was the video conferencing apps that seem to have benefited the most. Before that, it was only the likes of Skype and Cisco Webex that were ruling this domain in the professional workspace. However, as of now, there have been numerous entries to this list, with the likes of Zoom, Teams, and Meets all enjoying an equally impressive run.
But there’s one major issue with the offering from Microsoft– its intrusive behavior in the latest iteration of OS. With Windows 11, the Redmond giants have further integrated this app deep into the ecosystem. As soon as you boot up your PC, you mgt see the Teams icon making an abode onto your Taskbar. Then the Teams app and its plethora of services are continuously running in the background, thereby slowing down the entire system.
Not to mention the fact that it also leads to consumption of unnecessary battery usage. All in all, it was one of the many changes that Microsoft has introduced and which no one had asked for in the first place. Fortunately, the good news is that you could prevent this intrusive nature of the app quite easily. And in this guide, we will show you how to do just that. Given here are the detailed steps to stop Microsoft Teams from opening automatically on your Windows 11 PC. Follow along.
How to Stop Microsoft Teams from Opening Automatically in Windows 11
- To begin with, launch the Microsoft Teams app, either from Start Menu or Taskbar.
- Then click on the three horizontal dots situated at the top right, just before your username.
- Select Settings from the menu that appears.
- Now from the General tab, go to the Application section and uncheck the following three features:
- Auto-Start application
- Open application in background
- On close, keep the application running
- That’s it. From now on, the Microsoft Teams app shall no loner open automatically on your Windows 11 PC
How to Remove Microsoft teams from Taskbar in Windows 11
If you wish to remove the Microsoft Team’s app icon from the taskbar then just right-click on it and select Unpin from Taskbar.
How to Uninstall Microsoft Teams App from Windows 11
Rather than stopping Microsoft Teams from opening automatically on your Windows 11 PC, you could take a more aggressive route and straightaway bid adieu to this app for good as well. Here’s how:
- Head over to the Start Menu, search Microsoft Teams, and click on Uninstall.
- It shall now take you to the Programs and Features page.
- So select Microsoft Teams from the list and click Uninstall. That’s it.
With this, we round off the guide on how you could stop the Microsoft Teams app from opening automatically on your Windows 11 PC. Likewise, we have also listed out the instructions to remove its icon from the Taskbar and the steps to uninstall it from your PC. if you have any queries concerning the same, then do let us know in the comments section below.
- [5 Methods] How to Stop or Disable Windows 11 Update
- How to Uninstall Microsoft Edge in Windows 11
- Uninstall Apps using Command Prompt (CMD) or Powershell in Windows 11
- How to Fix Taskbar Not Hiding in Windows 11