In this guide, we will show you the steps to stop the “Account Recovery Method Needed” prompt on iOS 16. One of the biggest takeaways from the latest OS released by the Cupertino giant was the introduction of Advanced Data Protection. For the unaware, this feature enables end-to-end encryption across numerous data categories. Moreover, while you are setting it up for the first time, you’ll have to choose an Account Recovery Method.
In case you ever forget your password or lose access to your account, then you could use the recovery method to regain access to your data. Regarding this, there are two different options that you could opt for- Recovery Key and a Recovery Contact. In this regard, Apple has clearly stated that “Add a recovery contact or recovery key in case you need to regain access to your account and data”.
However, some users have said that if they only select one of the two options, then they are notified via a prompt that an account recovery method is still needed. So why is Apple contradicting its own statement? Well, it’s not a contradiction but just a bug and fortunately, there does exist a nifty workaround that should help you rectify it. So without further ado, let’s check it out.
Stop “Account Recovery Method Needed” prompt on iOS 16
In order to rectify this issue, all that you need to do is simply sign out of your Apple ID and then sign back in. Here’s how it could be done:
- Head over to Settings > Username > Sign out.
- Then type in your Apple ID password and tap Turn Off.
- Take a local data backup [optional] and tap on Sigg Out > Sign Out.
- Once done, go to Settings and tap on Sign in to your device.
- Finally, type in your Apple ID and password to log in.
That’s it. This should stop the “Account Recovery Method Needed” prompt on iOS 16. If you have any queries concerning the aforementioned steps, do let us know in the comments. We will get back to you with a solution at the earliest.
- Automatic Fitness Focus not working on iOS 16.2 [Fix]
- Ask to Buy Notification not working on iOS 16
- WhatsApp Backup not working on iOS 16.2: How to Fix
- iOS 16.2 leading to Battery Drain in Apple Watch [Fix]