In this guide, we will show you a workaround to fix the ‘This app won’t work for your device’ error when accessing Snapchat via Play Store. While the multimedia instant messaging domain has been cluttered with numerous players all offering similar features, Snapchat is probably the only one out there that has managed to stand out from the crowd.
However, in spite of that, there are still a few rough edges that need to be addressed. For example, numerous users have voiced their concern that whenever they are trying to access Snapchat from Play Store, they are instead greeted with the ‘This app won’t work for your device’ or ‘Your device isn’t compatible with this version’ error.
As a result of this, they are unable to either install or update the app from this official source and hence have to sideload the APK, which could prove to be a risky approach. Fortunately, there does exist a nifty workaround that could help you rectify this bug. So without further ado, let’s check it out.
Fix Snapchat Play Store: ‘This app won’t work for your device’
In order to rectify this issue, you’ll have to uninstall updates of the Play Store, So refer to the below steps to get this job done:
- Head over to Settings > Apps > All Apps > Play Store.
- Then tap on the overflow icon situated at the top right.
- Now select Uninstall Updates > Uninstall in the prompt.
- Once done launch Play Store and the issue should be rectified.
These were the steps to fix the ‘This app won’t work for your device’ error when accessing Snapchat via Play Store. As far as the official stance on this matter is concerned, the developers are aware of this issue, but they haven’t given out any ETA for the rollout of a fix. As and when that happens, we will update this guide accordingly. In the meantime, the aforementioned workaround is your best bet.
- How to Stop Spam Bot Requests on Snapchat
- How to Stop Messages from Team Snapchat or Block Them
- Front Camera not working in Snapchat in Galaxy S22 [Fixed]
- Enable 120Hz Refresh Rate in Snapchat Camera