In this tutorial, we will show you how to send fake Live Location to anyone on WhatsApp. Well, most of the everyday users simply WhatApp to chat and send a few media files. After all, that is what this app is made for. Well, up to an extent, yes, but the app also holds tons of other tips and tricks section that most of you might not even be aware of. And in this tutorial, we will be sharing one such pretty nifty tip.
As you all might be aware, a few years back WhatsApp introduced the ability to send Live Locations within its app. Though this is an extremely beneficial feature for some, for others (the people belonging to relationship status: it is complicated!), it is the last thing they want. So if you belong to the latter half or simply want to get acquainted with this tip, then here is how you could send fake Live Location on WhatsApp.
How to Send Fake Live Location on WhatsApp
Well, there are two methods through which you could carry out the afore-mentioned process. The first one that we are about to share is the one that is available across the internet because it is pretty easy to execute. However, unknown to many, this method suffers from a major drawback. Let’s check out this method and why you shouldn’t be using it.
Method 1: Sending Fake Live Location From WhatsApp Itself (Not Recommended)
To begin with, launch WhatsApp. Head over to the chat screen to whom you wish to share the fake location. Then click on the Share icon and then select Location. Now you could simply rearrange the location pin to any of your preferred locations and send that “Fake Location”. Or could you?
Well, if anyone has even a slightest of knowledge, he will easily be able to catch you. The thing is if you send your fake location using this method, WhatsApp will also send that location address in plain text method. This doesn’t happen if it was your actual live location. In the below screenshot, numbered 1 is my actual location hence there is no address mentioned. But when I tried sending fake location simply by moving the pin to a new location (numbered 2), WhatsApp automatically attaches the address as well.
This is one of the major drawbacks and enough to sow the seeds of doubt in the minds of the recipient. So what else could be done to escape from this caveat? Well, it turns out there another pretty useful method that allows sending fake WhatsApp location, but without getting caught. That is, if you send your fake location using the next method, WhatsApp will believe it to be your actual one, and hence won’t attach a text address with it! Here is how you could try out this fail-proof method of sending fake location on WhatsApp.
Method 2: Mock Location on your Device (Recommended)
In this method, you will have to enable the Mock Location settings and associate a Fake GPS app with it. This option is present on all devices but is buried deep inside the Settings menu. To activate it, you will first have to enable Developer Options. Before you do so, please download and install the Fake GPS Location app from the Play Store (don’t launch the app yet).
There are many such apps available across the store, but we have tried the above-mentioned one and it works perfectly. Once you have downloaded the app, its time to turn on the Developer Options. Here is how it could be done (the below steps are valid for all Android devices). Furthermore, you don’t have to enable Developer Options every time you wish to send a fake location via WhatsApp. It is just a one-time effort.
- On your Android device, head over to Settings.
- Scroll to the About Phone section and tap on Build Number 7 times. You will now get the message ” You are now a developer” or Developer Options has been enabled”.
- Now go back to Settings and head over to System. Tap on Advanced and you should now see the Developer Options.
- Within that, go to the Select Mock Location App option, tap on it, and select the Fake GPS Location app.
- That’s it. Now enable the device’s GPS (that could be done from the Notification panel itself). Now launch the Fake GPS Location app and drag and arrange the pin to your desired fake location.
- In this guide, our actual location in New Delhi but we will make our device and hence WhatsApp to believe that we taking a stroll in the Taj Mahal in Agra! You could pinpoint the location to anywhere on the app. Once done, hit the Green arrow button situated at the bottom right.
- Now launch WhatsApp and open the chat to whom you wish to send the Fake Location.
- Hit the Share icon and select the Location option. You will now notice that WhatsApp will show your live location similar to the one that you have set in the Fake Location app (in our case, Agra). Finally, tap on the Share Live location option.
- That’s it. Your fake Live location will now be sent to the intended recipient.
So this was all from this guide on how to send a fake live location to anyone on WhatsApp. As already mentioned, the first method suffers from a major drawback and hence should be avoided. The second method is completely fail-proof and will work every time with a cent-percent success rate. Do let us know what you think of this handy tip in the comments section below. However, if you are facing any issues, do drop in your queries in the comments section below. We will get back to you with a solution.
2 thoughts on “How to Send Fake Live Location on WhatsApp”
Pingback: How to Take Screenshot on any Android Device (3 Methods) - DroidWin
Pingback: How to Get a Temporary Blue Tick on Instagram - DroidWin