This guide will show you the steps to prevent CSC from changing when you use a different SIM card. Country Specific Codes, more popularly known as CSC, are unique for each region and/or carrier. So if you have imported a device from outside, then it is recommended to change the CSC to your home region. This is because even though you might still continue to receive OTA updates of the foreign country, but it might end up breaking the bandwidths that your home carrier supports.
Under similar circumstances, if you put in a SIM card of another carrier, then it might end up changing the CSC code stored in the MSP Code Preconfig. Fortunately, you could stop that from happening, in other words, prevent CSC from changing when you use a different SIM card. Follow along.
How to Prevent CSC from Changing when you use a Different SIM Card
- To begin with, type in *#06# and note down your IMEI number.
- Then type in the below code to open the Preconfig menu [replace IMEI]:
- Now enable MPS Code. It will no longer change your carrier when you switch SIMs.
These were the steps to prevent CSC from changing when you use a different SIM card. If you have any queries concerning the aforementioned steps, do let us know in the comments. We will get back to you with a solution at the earliest.
- How to Change CSC Codes in Samsung Devices
- Guide to Install Android 14 GSI on Samsung Devices
- How to Change CSC on Samsung Galaxy Watch 5/Pro [2 Methods]
- How to Change CSC in Samsung Gear S3