In this guide, we will show you a couple of workarounds that should help you fix the Plex audio sync issue on your Apple TV. While there aren’t many client-server media player platforms but even among the ones that are present, it is safe t say that the offering from Plex is the best in this domain. However, as of now, users having a TV from the Cupertino giant might not echo the same sentiment.
For the past few weeks, many of them have voiced their concern that the Plex app is bugged with audio sync issues on their Apple TV. Apart from the obvious lag between the audio and video, the latter also tends to get pixelated and/or freeze as well. The issue first came to light after the tvOS 16 update and is yet to be addressed. With that said, there does exist a couple of nifty workarounds that could help you rectify this issue. So without further ado, let’s check them out.
Fix Plex Audio Sync Issue on Apple TV
It is recommended that you try out each of the below-mentioned workarounds and then see which one spells out success for you. So with that in mind, let’s get started.
FIX 1: Switch to Infuse Client
First off, you should consider switching from the default client to the Infuse client using the below-listed steps and then check out the results.
- To begin with, download and install Infuse [link] on your Apple TV.
- Launch the Infuse app on your Apple TV and go to Settings > Shares.
- Then tap on Add Media Server and log into your media server.
- Now choose the libraries that you want to add to your favorites [optional].
- Infuse will now scan the contents from all your libraries. Wait for it to complete.
- Once done, launch Plex and check if it fixes the audio sync issue on your Apple TV.
FIX 2: Turn on Match Dynamic Range or Match Frame Rate
Next up, you should consider switching between Turn on Match Dynamic Range or Match Frame Rate and then check if either of them works out in your favor or not. Here’s how it could be done:
- Head over to Settings > Video and Audio > Match Content.
- Then select Match Dynamic Range and check out the results.
- Else, switch over to Match Frame Rate and re-verify the result.
That’s it. These were the two different methods that should help you fix the Plex audio sync issue on your Apple TV. As far as the official stance on this matter is concerned, the developers are aware of this issue, but they haven’t given out any ETA for the rollout of a fix. As and when that happens, we will update this guide accordingly. In the meantime, the aforementioned workarounds are your best bet.
- Plex for Apple TV Frame Drops in 4K [Fix]
- Plex Live TV streaming not working on Apple TV: How to Fix
- Plex Slow & Lagging on Samsung and LG Smart TV: How to Fix
- Plex App Audio/Video Issues on One UI 4 and Samsung TV [Fixed]