In this guide, we will show you the steps to fix the issue of Google Pixel 6 ghost dialling random contacts out of nowhere! It has been close to two years since I started covering how-to guides. Since then I have come across quite a few ones. While some are around the expected lines, others not so much. But what we are about to cover is perhaps the most intriguing issue to date.
Quite a few Pixel 6 users have voiced their concern that the Google Assistant gets invoked all of a sudden and then starts dialing phones to any random person from their contact list. What is even more interesting is the fact that Assistant seems to be having a rather strange liking for James. Near about every user who had a contact name saved as James, had to unwillingly get on a call with him, even though they hadn’t initiated the call in the first place (hint: it was Assistant).
However, if your contact list doesn’t have James, then fret not, Assistant will pick up any other random number from your contact and make your presence felt with that person. So if you have your ex’s contact still saved, then it’s probably the right time to delete it! On a serious note though, let’s now make you aware of the steps to fix the issue of Google Pixel 6 ghost dialing random contacts. Follow along.
Google Pixel 6 Dialling Random Contacts
The fix for this rather fascinating yet troublesome issue is fairly simple -all you need to do is just delete the Google App data. Here’s how:
- To begin with, head over to the Settings menu on your device
- Then go to Apps > See All Apps and select Google App from the list.
- Now go to its Storage and Cache section and tap on Manage Space
- Finally, tap on the Clear All Data button and tap OK in the confirmation dialog box that appears.
That’s it. These were the steps to fix the issue of Google Pixel 6 ghost dialing random contacts. While we introverts made full use of the social distancing norms to keep an actual distance from some people, however, it seems the Silicon Valley giants had something else in mind. So don’t be surprised if you get a call back from your mother-in-law in the middle of the night asking why did you call her in the first place. And yes, all the James better put your phones in silent mode!
- How to Unbrick Google Pixel 6/Pro via Fastboot Commands
- How to Root Google Pixel 6 via Magisk Patched Boot.img
- Pixel 6 Magic Eraser Not Working: How to Fix
- How to Unlock Bootloader on Google Pixel 6/6 Pro