In this guide, we will show you the steps to fix the pink color bug in Instagram Reels on the Pixel 7 Pro. The latest offering from the Silicon Valley giant seems to have a close affinity with colors. While it is yet to ditch the yellow saturation tint on the display, it now has welcomed two new colors in its family- pink and purple.
According to the affected users, any video or reel that they watch on Instagram seems to be coated with a pink or purple color, which in turn tends to distort the complete viewing experience. Initially, the issue was attributed to the app itself, because if it was a device issue, then this bug would have reciprocated itself across other videos as well [such as those playing on Facebook, YouTube, etc].
However, this then begs another important question- if the culprit is indeed an app, then why it is only affecting only the latest Pixel device? Well, upon further investigating this issue, we found out both parties are equally to be blamed. This is because Instagram is currently not supported with the default graphics driver that has been assigned to it by your Pixel 7/Pro. So to rectify this issue, you will have to switch over to the System Graphics Driver. Here’s how it could be done:
Fix Pink color in Instagram Reels on Pixel 7 Pro
- Head over to Settings > System and tap on Build Number 7 times.
- This will enable Developers Options. So go to System > Developers Options.
- Then go to Graphics Driver Preferences and select Instagram from the list.
- Finally, choose System Graphics Driver and then check out the results.
That’s it. These were the steps to fix the pink color bug in Instagram Reels on the Pixel 7 Pro. If you have any queries concerning the aforementioned steps, do let us know in the comments. We will get back to you with a solution at the earliest.
- How to Fix Instagram Reels No Internet Connection Issue
- How to Replace Reels with a Search bar on Instagram
- Instagram Filters ‘This effect is not available in your location’ [Fix]
- Instagram Ingress timeout, stream ID Error: How to Fix