OnePlus have never been behind when it comes to giving software updates. This time also its no exception as the OnePlus 8 Pro got a new update just now. The latest update of OnePlus 8 pro brings August security patch along with some other hotfixes. OnePlus have always been quick to fix bugs and issues or if it sending the latest security patches.
The phone is powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 coupled with 8-12 GB of RAM. It also has 120 Hz of refresh rate along with QHD+ display. In the earlier builds of the phone, there were reports coming where the phone was having display issues like black crush and green tints. OnePlus seems to address the issues and further the phones that have manufacturing dates of July are very much less prone to such issues.
OnePlus 8 Pro Hotfix Update
The latest build of Oneplus 8 pro weighs around 138 MB and the complete changelog is right below-
- Fixed overlapping character display issue with Ambient display
- Fixed Known Issues and improved system stability.
- Updated Android security patch to 2020.08
- Optimized shooting effect with front camera
The firmware version of this update is Oxygen OS 10.5.13 and have been known to improve stability and fixing some minor bugs. Users can download and manually install the update via local upgrade option from their phone. Or else they can check their phones for any new updates available. The update first has been spotted on the Indian variant of OnePlus 8 Pro but it should be gradually rolling out to everyone else as well.
How to Install the update Manually on your Oneplus Device?
- Download the update file and place it on the internal storage of your Oneplus phone.
- Go to>> Settings>>System>> System Update.
- Click on the gear on the top right corner
- Select local upgrade.
- Select the downloaded file
- Click on Install and wait for the installation to finish.
- Reboot and enjoy.
- OnePlus 8 Pro Full OTA (Coming Soon)
- OnePlus 8 Pro Incremental OTA( Coming Soon)