In this guide, we will show you the steps to fix the MultiVersus Starter Mission ‘Check out the Settings’ bug. It has only been a few days since this crossover fighting game made its way, but even in such a short span of time, it has already managed to grab the attention of the masses. With in-game characters from the likes of Warner Bros., DC Comics, HBO, Turner Entertainment, and Cartoon Network, its rise to fame was literally the writings on the wall. However, in spite of all the goodies attached, it isn’t free from its fair share of issues either.
As of now, various users have voiced their concern that they are constantly getting the ‘Check out the Settings’ message in the Starter Mission in MultiVersus. The users have already checked the settings countless times, but the message just refuses to go away. As a result of which they are unable to progress ahead in the game and start the battle pass missions. If you are also in the same boat, then this guide will make you aware of a nifty workaround that shall help you rectify this bug. So without further ado, let’s check it out.
Table of Contents
Fix MultiVersus Starter Mission ‘Check out the Settings’ Bug
In order to resolve this issue, PC users will have to delete the saved game folder of Steam On the other hand, PS5 users need to delete the saved game folder of MultiVersus. Here’s how to carry out the said task across both these devices [just make sure that your progress has been saved over to the clouds.]
- Bring up the File Explorer via Windows+E shortcut keys.
- Then head over to the below location [replace username accordingly]
- Now delete this Saved folder and then launch the game.
- It should fix the MultiVersus Starter Mission ‘Check out the Settings’ bug.
- To begin with, click on the settings icon situated at the top right.
- Then go to Storage > Saved Data > PS5 Games.
- After that, select MultiVersus from the list and hit Delete > OK.
- Now relaunch the game and the underlying issue would have been resolved.
That’s it. These were the two different methods that shall help you fix the MultiVersus Starter Mission ‘Check out the Settings’ bug. As far as the official stance on this matter is concerned, the developers are aware of this issue, but they haven’t given out any ETA for the rollout of a fix. As and when that happens, we will update this guide accordingly. In the meantime, the aforementioned workarounds are your best bet.