In this guide, we will show you numerous methods to fix various network-related issues on the Motorola Edge 30 Pro which are preventing users from placing calls or sending SMS. The Edge series from Motorola has quickly scaled the popularity charts in no time whatsoever. Having impressive specs and at the same time being aggressively priced, the reason for its rise to fame was always on the cards. However, as of late, this device is giving out a tough time to users.
Many have voiced their infuriation regarding network issues on their Motorola Edge 30 which is resulting in their inability to place a call or send any message. This issue tends to happen randomly and all of a sudden, without any manual intervention from the users, thereby making the device no better than a paperweight. With that said, there does exist a few nifty workarounds that could help you rectify this bug. So without further ado, let’s check them out.
Fix Motorola Edge 30 Pro Network/Call/SMS Issues
It is recommended that you try out each of the below-mentioned workarounds and then see which one spells out success. So with that in mind, let’s get started.
FIX 1: Toggle Flight Mode
First off, you should consider disabling and then re-enabling the Airplane mode. This will refresh the underlying network settings and could well rectify the issue that we are currently dealing with. So give it a try using the below-listed steps and check if it fixes the Network/Call/SMS issues in Motorola Edge 30 Pro.
- Head over to Settings > Network > Turn on Flight Mode.
- Then tap OK in the confirmation prompt that appears.
- Wait for a few seconds and then disable the Flight Mode.
- Or you could do so from the notification panel as well.
FIX 2: Uninstall Carrier Services
This is a system app from Google that comes preinstalled on Android and is responsible for enabling communication services from numerous carriers. In case its data gets corrupted then its repercussions are bound to be faced by the mobile network. Therefore, you should consider removing the latest update and downgrading it to the earlier stable build. Here’s how it could be done:
- Head over to the Play Store and search Carrier Services [by Google].
- Then hit Uninstall > Uninstall in the confirmation dialog box.
- Check if it fixes the Network/Call/SMS issues in Motorola Edge 30 Pro.
NOTE: If the app is not installed on your device, then install it first and let it update the network settings on your device. Then reboot your device three times and check out the results.
FIX 3: Disable WiFi Calling
Some users were able to rectify this issue by disabling the WiFi calling functionality on their devices. So head over to Settings > search Wi-Fi Calling > and disable the toggle next to Wi-Fi Calling. Check if it fixes the Network/Call/SMS issues in Motorola Edge 30 Pro.
FIX 4: Switch to LTE/4G
It’s no denying the fact that the 5G has still a long way to go when it comes to a stable network connection. Therefore, you should instead switch over to the more stable 4G and check if it works out in your favor. Here’s how it could be done:
- Head over to Settings > Network and Internet > SIMs.
- Then go to Prefered Network Type and choose 4G/LTE.
- Check if it fixes the Network/Call/SMS issues in Motorola Edge 30 Pro
FIX 5: Reset Network
You might also get bugged by this issue if the network settings get corrupted. In such cases, your best bet should be to reset the device’s network settings to their factory default state. Do keep in mind that doing so will remove all the saved WiFi network and paired Bluetooth devices and will also remove the APN profiles. So sync them with your account beforehand and only then proceed with the below steps:
- To begin with, head over to Settings > System > Reset.
- Then tap on Reset WiFi, mobile, and Bluetooth > Reset Settings.
- Finally, hit Reset Settings and wait for the process to complete.
- Once done restart your device and check if it fixes the Network/Call/SMS issues in Motorola Edge 30 Pro.
FIX 6: Reset the Device
If none of the aforementioned methods spelled out success, then your last course of action should be to factory reset the device back to its default state. However, do not that the process will wipe off all the data, so please take a backup beforehand and only then proceed with the below steps:
- Head over to Settings > System > Reset.
- Then tap on Factory Data and tap on Erase All Data.
- Wait for the process to complete. Once done, restart your device.
- Now set it up from scratch and check out the results.
That’s it. These were the various methods that should help you fix the network issues on your Motorola Edge 30 Pro that was preventing you from making calls and sending SMS. If you have any queries concerning the aforementioned steps, do let us know in the comments. We will get back to you with a solution at the earliest.
- Motorola Stuck in EDL Mode: Cannot Flash blankflash [Fixed]
- Install Android 13 Custom ROMs on Moto G40 Fusion/G60
- Motorola Unbrick Tool: Unbrick any Moto Device via EDL Mode
- Install Motorola Weather/Clock/Battery widget on any Android