In this guide, we will show you the steps to make Apple Maps use your phone speakers instead of the CarPlay Bluetooth in iOS 15. The latest iteration of the OS build has bought in a truckload of goodies for the users. These include the likes of SharePlay in FaceTime, the new Focus Mode, redesigned Notifications, changes in the Safari Browser, Memories integration with Apple Music, and the ability to scan texts from images via the Live Text features.
However, there seem to be a few tweaks that didn’t go down well with the users. Few users have voiced their concern regarding the missing navigation voice volume in Apple Maps. In previous iOS builds, you had the option to allow Apple Maps to use the speaker instead of the Bluetooth. However, this option to allow the “Spoken Directions” to play through the iPhone speaker while still having your iPhone calls go through the car seems to be missing in the fifteenth OS variant.
But as of now, this setting seems to have been removed from the Settings > Maps > Navigation & Guidance section. As a result of which, this missing navigation voice volume issue is giving a tough time to a lot of users. Well, if you are also in the same boat, then fret not. In this guide, we will show you the detailed instructions steps to make Apple Maps use your phone speakers instead of the CarPlay Bluetooth in iOS 15. So without any further ado, let’s get started.
Make Apple Maps use Speaker instead of Bluetooth in CarPlay iOS 15
- To begin with, head over to the Control Center.
- Then go to the Now Playing section situated in the upper right corner of the screen.
- After that, tap on the audio button in the upper right corner of that box.
- This will give you the option to select the audio output.
- Select the phone and the driving directions will now come from your phone.
That’s it. These were the steps to make Apple Maps use your phone speakers instead of the CarPlay Bluetooth in iOS 15. So it seems that the option wasn’t removed in the latest build, but there’s just a change in its location. With that said, we come to the end of this guide. If you have any queries concerning the aforementioned steps, do let us know in the comments. We will get back to you with a solution at the earliest.
- How to Fix CarPlay not working with iPhone 13 series on iOS 15
- Apple Music iOS 15.1: Siri Cannot Rate Song Error [Fixed]
- Pinch to Zoom not working in iOS 15: How to Fix
- [10 Methods] How to Fix Battery Drain/Improve Battery Performance in iOS 15