In this guide, we will show you the steps to fix the issue of the iPhone being stuck in endless sync on your Mac. Quite a few users have recently reported that their iPhone is stuck in a continuous loop of data sync and has remained in that state for hours. Even if they turn off their iPhone, it still shows on the Mac as syncing. As a result of this, they cannot even remove their device from the PC.
On the other hand, upon restarting the Mac, the issue goes away, however, the respite lasts only for a few minutes as the sync status re-appears. So is there a way to put an end to this fiasco? Well, there does exist a nifty workaround that shall help you fix the issue of the iPhone being stuck in endless sync on your Mac. So without further ado, let’s check it out.
How to Fix iPhone stuck in endless sync on Mac
The culprit behind this issue is the “ampdevicesagent” process. So to rectify this bug, you will have to force quit this activity. Once you do so, the sync process will start again but this time, it will be over in the required time limit itself. So with that said, refer to the below steps to implement this fix right away and then check out the results.
- Open Launchpad, go to the Others folder, and launch Activity Monitor.
- Then head over to the search bar and search the following two processes:
- Now select them and click on the cross icon situated at the top.
- After that, click on Force Quit in the confirmation dialog box.
- Once done, the sync will now restart and should be completed within the designated time frame.
That’s it. These were the steps to fix the issue of the iPhone being stuck in endless sync on the Mac. If you have any queries concerning the aforementioned steps, do let us know in the comments. We will get back to you with a solution at the earliest.
- How to Fix Specific Refresh Rate for External Display in Mac
- Keep Folders on Top When Sorting by Name in Mac Finder
- How to Remove com.sophos.endpoint.scanextension from Mac
- macOS Monterey cannot detect Second Monitor/External Display [Fixed]